SSR Professors - NEW RIMS *Need Opinions*

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok folks :)

I've finally found my very own set of dream JDM rimmage - SSR Professors woop!! :cool:

I'm buying them from Fraser who's got an S14a and he had swapped them earlier in the year with a guy called Ash who own's an FD (quite well know to some of my FD mates). Basically they are 17x8.5 ET30 and 17x9.5 ET25 so I'll get these babies onto my Silvia without any trouble since I currently run 17x9.5 ET30 all round :)

Only thing is the centres are currently painted in candy cherry and I'm not so convinced this will work on my blue car.

Here's a pic of what they look like on Fraser's 14a which is black:

I've done a very quick photoshop to see how they look against a blue car and I'm not sure about this...

So I might get the centres painted gunmetal black as soon as I get hold of them early next week... should look like this:

Thoughts?? Opinions??

Cheers,

James

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Great wheels love them, I've always wanted some racing hart rims....

As for the colour, I agree don't think it will go with the blue, so imo I would get them sprayed.

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Maroon looks a bit dodgy IMO. Gunmetal for sure mate :) What size tyres are you going for? 225/45-F and 255/40-R?

If you can split them I could get them powder coated for you. Turnaround is a week though and I guess your itching to get them on!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
colour is wrong mate, but they are lovely wheels. i'd go with gunmetal or a deep silver too - they would look stunning. :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The gunmetal looks lovely mate! Have you thought about going body colour?? Just a thought,summing different....

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for all the positives guys :thumbs: And yes, had a feeling the candy cherry was not gonna work lol...

Craig - you bet I'm itching to get these on the car :wack: I'll probs use Innovation my local bodyshop to do a quick (but decent) spray job as Daz is already matching up my Rota GTR gunmetal colour to spray onto the new rims. I just wanted to be 100% sure as I'll split the rims and do this well before I even try to swap the tyres over and get them on the car!!

At the moment cos of money I'm gonna just swap existing tyres over so it'll be 245/40 all round so slight stretch like current at the back since they're 9.5J but fronts being 8.5J will pretty much have no stretch :( So will look into 215/45 methinks next time I get front tyres swapped ;)

peglio dude - I did think about bright blue or same blue as body for centres but since they're 17's and not 18's the centres in my opinion is not big enough to carry off bright/loud colours so won't be going down this route buddy.

sx-si

Reaction score
so what you going to do with the fronts? as they will sit in miles and you cant get them made wider cheaply
due to the fact there welded
if you want to do the expencive route of making them wider contact stevo on driftworks as he's the only person i know to have cut them appart and made them wider

ive allways had a thing for sp1's there my fav wheel ever
if sombody would buy my anhelo's i would buy a new set ;(

nice to see people running sexy rims :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Si - they shouldn't sit in miles as I've only dropped an inch on the widths so they will lose half an inch on the one side.

Added to the fact that I've already got 10mm spacers on the front plus with 9.5J the rims currently stick out slightly beyond the vented wider arches so 0.5 inch loss is gonna still look pretty flush :)

Reaction score
Country
Most important thing: how is the weight compared to your Volk rims?

T

tinto

Paint the whole wheel, rauh welt style professors:

I'm going all gunmetal on my BBS. I think they will look smaller with a polished lip.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
tinto - I like your style mate... will looks into this for the future but now keeping costs down and simple local respray on the centres will do me. I'm sure a full lip and centre respray will be on the cards as I expect my 'streeto' and DWYB activities to be chipping away at those beautiful polished lips :( but hey ho having these wheels won't stop what I enjoy hehe ;)

lol Craig... Benne - you've reminded me to weigh both the SSR and Rota wheels since I have both that are 9.5J. Be interesting to see the difference!! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I know the feeling but I am now thinking I could prob afford the vertex kit though!!!! Get some vented arches and bonnet and I will be well on the way!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I really want to,am supposed to be saving for a deposit though so gonna have to leave it for a while,or maybe see if I can buy it piece by piece!I really fancy it but need new wheels and seats first and that's already gettin me a bit of an earbashing lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol don't blame ya - I'd say if you like a spirited drive or drift fun then proper seats with bigger leg bolsters are way more important than anything else. It's amazing how much better it feels when you don't move whilst cornering fast etc :)