What's new

Uh oh... diagnosis required please fella's

J

Jono

Not exactly a garage no - a mechanic and I will do the work in my works car-park where the car is currently stranded :cry: It's got to sit here until I get all the parts - I'm gutted.

My missus is letting me use the Skyline the rest of the week though which makes it slightly easier to cope with :)

The real kick is that my mate's coming to see the car for the first time this weekend in his Corvette, now he'll just get to see the Skyline and not my pewter beauty :mad:

J

Jono

Ordered 3x hoses, HKS Actuator and an Oil-Change bundle from Apex. ?277 for the lot. Just got to buy the Gaskets from Nissan and pay my mate to help with the work and I'm away!

Now how the f*ck am I gonn afford alloys after this?! :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I checked how much that cost me last year and, given my 10% discount, that's about right. If you had about three weeks to wait for it to come from Japan, it'd be about half that...

J

Jono

Well, 90mins of fairly comprehensive removal of bits from my engine bay saw the Turbo removed from the elbow and the manifold lifted out with it.

When we removed the heat shield from the manifold it was obvious from the blackened appearence that this joint has been blowing quite a bit. Indeed, when we removed the Manifold we were able to remove a couple of the nuts by hand! :eek:

The turbo > manifold joint had more play in it than a kitten on speed :p

This was largely down to the large amount of missing gasket :rolleyes: Here's what was left of it:

This was caused by a sheared stud on the manifold. We tried to extract the stud so we could replace it with a good one but sadly it sheared off in the thread so now we've got to get it drilled out :(

However once that's done, whacking it all back together should be a doddle! :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Pah! I've seen the tubby gasket with only 2 square cm of material remaining :p

Was the mani-block gasket damaged? And which bolt was sheared?

J

Jono

Mani>Block gasket wasn't damaged yet, no. The sheared stud was on the manifold, where it meets up with the turbo. Not sure which one of the 4 it was from memory and my mates got it at his workshop now for drilling.

Should be back on the road by Wednesday. :thumbs:

J

Jono

In addition, 4 new tyres ordered (Toyo T1-R's for the standard alloys) ?218.45 inc.

AND new front pads, EBC Red Stuff, ?97.00.

That's a grand total of TOO MUCH!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

No more treats for my motor until at this time next year :nod: