What's new

Walbro fuel pimp fitting. Oops.

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys I've spent the day doing car things one of these being fitting a walbro fuel pump. Now while removing the hoses the no easy remove one broke on me. I'll try and get a pic to explain better. My question is can i just put the hose over the plastic that didn't snap and forget about it or do I need a new fuel tank white lid bit?

I'll sort a pic as this doesn't sound clear. But if you could give it some thought in the mean time that would be good. You see the right most plastic pipe that's the one that snapped when trying to remove the hose. Enough left to get the hose on and clap it. Just wonder if this is what I should do. Or should I not risk such a thing?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Dont really think I'd be to happy with that, its a pressurized system so dont know how strong the pressure is / if that p-clip will be strong enough..

Reaction score
Country
Dont even try and do that, the last thing you want is fuel or fuel vapor where it should not be

17278-5L310 nissan part number or find someone whos wrecking a S15 and just get the lid off them

Reaction score
Country
Hmm, I already did try it. Sealed it up and started her and went for a short drive. Hasn't leaked yet. That said I think I'll replace it for peace of mind.

Reaction score
Country
I did suspect it may well be ok but for the sake of £50 it doesn't seem worth the potential risk. Should hopefully have the replacement this week.

Reaction score
Country
The s14 has a similar set up but does not have the fancy nozzles, they don't even have a jub clip holding them on , just a crap clip.
I'd say it would be fine it will hold the pressure no problem. 3bar is the base pressure

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I knew what this would be from the title lol. It'll be fine, my fitting was broken and I eventually got a replacement from a breaker that also had the tip broken off... Seems a common weakness that when removing that pipe it takes the tip with it... it's only a breather that goes to a solenoid on the side of the tank then to the charcoal canister so don't panic too much ;) a jubilee did the trick for me

Reaction score
Country
Well I've ordered a new one but no lead time. Coming from Japan apparently.

I spent more time thinking about this without really driving the car and came to the conclusion that if I had got a garage to fit it I doubt they'd have told me and would have more than likely do what I have done. I would have been happy and oblivious to this happening.

I have taken her out tonight for some fuel and checked the connection again and seems ok. If the wife didn't need the daily over the next couple of days I'd probably have left it in the garage until the replacement arrived.

Seperate observation is that the walbro is a little noisy compared to standard.