740s finally in!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Finally fitted the Nismo 740 injectors this morning :D All went smoothly except for having to pause between showers :rolleyes:

Altered the Emanage injector adjustment, then started her up. Rough as hell and a weird whistling. Checked under the bonnet and discovered I'd missed putting the hose between the plenum and firewall back on :p Slipped it on and whistling stopped and everything stabilized :D

Got an injector fitting guide in the pipeline :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good good, so will this provide any more power?? or are they just more of a safe gaurd?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Both. They will allow higher boost more safely. 1.5 times the flow rate of the 480s (as opposed to the pointless 1.1 times that the 555s give).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
But if your at 1bar ATM, how far can you go with the stock turbo?? i think i read once it was around 1.3??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
1.2. The thing that's stopping me now is the mental boost problem. That's why the new turbo is the next big job...

D

Derek

I've these at homes with a bit now. Must get a Power fc and a z32 afm 1st tho..

K

kieran

power fc dejetro and 740's arrived this week, just gotta get some money together for the mapping :thumbs:

whats the boost problem nicley??

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Kieran - you been sleeping mate :wave:

I STILL havent had my car mapped :rolleyes: How much should i expect to pay for the privalage?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Depends where you go. Some people are scared to map Emanages because they can't work out how to get past the ignition map weakness...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The guy i will be going to was picked because he knows the Emanage inside out, buys and sells them, has one fitted to his car and has been mapping them for years :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The Emanage struggles if the map moves over the 0 position. There's a slight hesitation. The solution is to set the physical timing back/forward 10 degrees and adjust the Emanage map accordingly. That way the Emanage will be working over the +10/-10 positions on its map and avoid the 0 position. :)

The guide is still in my head, I'm afraid... :eek:

T

TonyS15

Sounds good with the injectors, which tubby you thinkin of? My bro just got the T2871 after hearing rave reviews from people on sxoc?
im eventually going to be getting some, fitting my Front mount soon so will make a guide up.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I sound like a total NOOB in this thread..... :D

I should have taken notes when Nicely fitted mine, but i was busy mucking about with the elephant trunk.