Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I recirced...

Took the chance to pop into Merlin Motorsport whilst at Castle Combe track yesterday to buy a load of Samcos and joiners to get the SSQV recirced. :)

Bit of a fiddly job, and the piping route didn't go as planned, but turned out OK in the end.

No chance to try it till tomorrow...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Just one question.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper if you still had your hotpipe with flange and have the BOV mounted there?
A know that Samcos cost a small fortune and that would shorten the lenght of the recirc quite a bit.

Just thinking a bit :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Undoubtably. However, I was never happy with it over that side. Why did Nissan put it on the other side? Would have cost them less to do the same too....

Reaction score
How much difference does the recirc make, comparing to running with it not recircing for a while?? Can you still he the pssssst???
Oh and what carbon pannel do you have??

Oh and while i remember... do you know what that soilnoid that connects to the carbon canister and inlet pleum actually measures? and what efect it has on the ecu? Coz after taking a carbon canister of my m8s s14a he didnt have the soilnoid... and i had to block both the pipes of on his pleum... where as ive left my soilnoid on, and its only conected to the plumn with a one way flow thing in the middle of the pipe? surely if the canister is now gone, i can unplug the soilnoid and block off the pipe at the inlet??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The standard recirc CAN be prone to leaking. Using a BOV pretty well guarantees no leak. Recircing it rather than running to atmosphere removes the overfulling and stops the viscious release when lifting off. There is no BOV noise, as the fins are removed and replaced by an adapter to attach the return pipe too.

Had quite a bit of pigeon this morning, so I'll have to see if adjusting the BOV will reduce it.

The panel is this one.

The solenoid still remains a bit of a mystery as it isn't fitted on any of the ADM S15s... The thought was that its a purge control valve. A purge control valve is integrated into the S14 carbon canister and the S15 canister is a lot smaller. Couldn't establish what taking it off would do....

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looks like alot of work, but good none the less.

Could you not have used the pipework from the Stock bov across the block to the inlet??

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
But you made a return take-off, so could you not have used just the hard plastic pipe across the lump as stock cars have?

Having said that, your new return pipe looks alot bigger than the stock pipe :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It was all to do with the section of Samco with the take-off and the other two sections of hose with reducers. What took so long was getting the reducers in such a way that the take-off pointed in the right direction, whilst still being able to fit the Z32 AFM onto it AND get the filter under the bonnet line. The final setup took a different route to what was planned. It was meant to run along the top on the viscous fan, but that was going to be impossible without building the pipework bit by bit outside the supplier. I landed up not using an additional 90 degree section. There was no way the original return could be utilized without buying a load of different pipes to connect the BOV to the cold pipe, the BOV to the return and the return to the AFM/turbo pipe.

Its possible to fit the old elephant trunk to a Z32, but its a complete bastard to do and I'd have still have to frigg the BOV end.

Could also have bought an A'PEXi Z32 Super Suction kit, which has a hard pipe with a take-off. However, it costs at least ?170 and I'd have still needed to buy the return hose and corner hoses to get it on the BOV....

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
How much did this option costs you, you can PM if you prefer :thumbs:

Sounds alot of work, does it drive any better??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Would be a lot easier if you still had the original AFM. Alternatively, if you had the BOV on the hotpipe... :p However, unless you have access to someone to cut the hotpipe and weld the BOV flange on, its not cheap to do that.

The BOV needs adjustment, so its difficult to judge at the moment. It is smoother on gear changes and lift-off at speed. None of that nasty jerkiness.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
nice one :thumbs:

could running it to air do any damage ? as i've noticed that since i've had mine fitted
i'm using alot more fuel.

is it easy to recirc on a standard engine ?
as straight to air is also getting way too much attention from the wrong folk :eek:

kim

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, won't do any harm except for the overfuelling which happens on lift-off (not good for cats).

There are only a few BOVs which allow recirculation. The HKS SSQV and Racing BOV2 are two. Its just a case of replacing the fins with a solid adapter. If you fitted the BOV where the old recirc was, it just a matter of plumbing it the same as the recirc was.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just a small update. The turbo definitely felt more responsive through the gears on the drive home yesterday. I had the SSQV blowing to atmosphere previously. No longer feels like the turbo is having to recover spin.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Just a small update. The turbo definitely felt more responsive through the gears on the drive home yesterday. I had the SSQV blowing to atmosphere previously. No longer feels like the turbo is having to recover spin.
Cant say i have noticed the turbo having to recover and spin with the atmosphere :no:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think my stock dump valve is farked. All I get is pigeon. Low revs high revs, all pigeon. I can't say I don't like it though :D

Car seems to be running a bit rich too. pops and bangs sometimes when lifting off.
And after a drive you can smell some gasoline from the exhaust.

Other then that it's all good :)
If I get a new dump valve I will get a recirc.

How does the SSQV sound with the recirc kit? Does it still have that high pitch sound?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yakozan said:
Car seems to be running a bit rich too. pops and bangs sometimes when lifting off.
And after a drive you can smell some gasoline from the exhaust....
I get this too :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You will get overfuelling with an atmos BOV and pigeon. Nature of it.

The is no BOV noise when its recirced. You will still get pigeon noise, especially if you run an A'PEXi filter...