What's new

Another diff question!

Reaction score
Country
Ok guys, I've been looking for an answer to this for quiet a while.. I've done many many searches on here but no definate answer! Ideally looking for advice from someone whos done this before or some sort of similar experience.
I have a sh**ty open diff in my car.. I have an s14 viscous diff and drive shafts at home!
Whats the best way to go about this conversion? Can I keep the spec s casing? Is changing the prop necessary? Will this affect my speedo or ABS?
I'm aware the spec r helical is a better diff but I have the s14 stuff!
Diff has been sitting in my shed for bout 2 and a half years now, would really like to put it to good use!

Any advice would be muchos appreciated!
Thanks..

Reaction score
The S14 viscous diff is not that great, they put a viscous diff in the auto S15. You can fit it in the same casing as it is the R200 which is generic across the Silvia models. You wont have to change the tail shaft if you are using the 5 speed gearbox. S15 have the speedo sensor in the diff, so if you just change the diff center you should be ok

Reaction score
Country
The S14 viscous diff is not that great, they put a viscous diff in the auto S15. You can fit it in the same casing as it is the R200 which is generic across the Silvia models. You wont have to change the tail shaft if you are using the 5 speed gearbox. S15 have the speedo sensor in the diff, so if you just change the diff center you should be ok
Thanks for the response mate.. I know its not fantastic but its surly better than an open diff! I have the s14 viscous split, and ready to go!