What's new

anyone know where to get a new AFM?

Reaction score
Country
as the tittle says i need a new air flow meter and its a nightmare trying to find one :( .

can anyone point me in the right direction i would be most greatful.

cheers

Reaction score
Country
so basically just another pipe?will i need a different filter or anything and is it really worth doing?

and i take it the upgrade would be a z32?i asked my mate about that and he said i would need to get my ecu mapped with it to get it to work?or is this complete rubbish?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Sorry I didn't describe it very well. The AFM is a straight swap but the plug that goes into it from the loom needs to be changed, you can pick one up on ebay for about £30 and all you do is cut the old plug off and then rewire the new one in- simple stuff. You don't need an ecu map, the sensor works in exactly the same way, you only upgrade if you are running more power. to get 300-320 from mine i was told i needed a z32 AFM (from the 300zx) hope that's helped

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
No you do need a remap to make a z32 Afm work properly! You can't just put a z32 on your current setup (if you have stock Afm) and expect it to run. They have different signals etc

The S14 Afm is the same as a s15, so look out for one of those 2nd hand otherwise Nissan is you best bet if you don't want 2nd hand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
do you!? S*** as i was just gonna bolt mine straight on, i havent read that you needed to get ity mapped, steve at fc tuning just said i would need one to get to 300hp. whoops

Reaction score
Country
looks like i would need a remap for the z32 then haha.maybe il stick to a standard one for now until it comes to that