Attention all SXOC forum/club members

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Want your honest opinion as to how you feel, as S15 owners, about the SXOC forum/club. Do you feel welcome? An outsider? Any bad experiences?

Please give your feedback :) This is meant as a positive exercise rather than a biatch.

Please bear in mind that the SXOC has to to cater for the majority, but try to include everyone.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well its not been too bad for me really but of course i found that i felt a bit out of place as i didnt know much about the 200sx much even tho i was buying a S15 and it was very hard to find the best info about the car and being so far away from everyone else its harder to get to know ppl thats why i thought of the idea of this forum

M

Meddy

Ok my feelings.

I can honestly say Ive never had any problems with the SXOC. Ive met a number of good people through it. Ive allways been made to feel welcome at any meets, although sometimes I start to feel like a bit of a freak as the car does generate attention (I am a shy retiring type. :p). My experiences are with the North West section though and In my opinion this does seem to be a bit more welcoming and helpful than some other areas. Thats just because northeners are generally much nicer than southerners. :D :p

As you say the majority of folk on there have had very few dealings with the 15 so getting detailed help with anything which has changed from earlier models is hard. Its also not helped by the fact a lot of times things are said and become fact even though they are not based on fact. Things have been improving since you got your car Nicely as your organised enough to have sorted the FAQ section. :notworthy:

My car is for sale now and its mainly the SXOC which will make me buy another older S body to play in, so overall its a big thumbs up from me. :thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i would say the same really i have met a few friendly ppl from there that includes u lot aswell...nicely is ont to thank most as he has help most of us in many ways...but i would says its a great forum in a whole and maybe sometimes its just that iam a bit shy too when it comes to meeting new ppl and i dont have as much time to get around and go too all the meets

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm asking this as there appears to be an opinion that the S15 clan hardly venture outside their section and are 'above' everyone else. Also that they don't want to interact much with the club and on the forum. I'm trying to see if there anyne has any issues which may stop you feeling part of the main S13/14 crew (other than the lack of info thing).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Meddy - your car is for sale :eek: I know your were toying with the idea, ou to scared you damage it?? (i have the same fear and thought about selling up once too :D)

As for the SXOC, i was a member of the forum before i knew i wanted an S15, just basically read up on the S14 once i found out most parts were the same, Since buying the S15 i still find the SXOC to be a friendly place, you can get shot donw for asking a Newbie question, but as long as you say your new to these knid of things they are normally helpfull. Of course none of them realise the S15 is thinner than the S14, so when advising on offset etc they are normally wrong :D :p

As Meddy has noted, i have met a few good people through the club who are willing to help out where possible and of course the car attracts attention - well at least the 1st time they see it.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh i feel that i tend to move around the forum but not always get in witht he crowd if u know what i mean....and iam not stuck up hahaha....i dont feel iam better in anyway and hope they dont think that either really...and sometimes the info is so mixed by things being said and not 100% if its the truth or not and then there is always conflict when talking about things in some way

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sushiming said:
yeh i feel that i tend to move around the forum but not always get in witht he crowd if u know what i mean....
I do the same, i think its more due to my lack of experiance than anything, i dont have the knowledge others do, so i just sit back, i guess in fear of saying the wrong thing, but this then comes back to what i have said above, as long as you say "I'm not sure as i'm a Newbie to this kind of thing.... but" then your dont get much abuse :no::D

M

Meddy

I venture into the other forums on SXOC and have never thought myself above others. As I say to most people I meet, my car is just a 14a with a bodykit. :D However unlike a lot of people (not talking about anyone here) I dont feel the need to post on threads to which I can offer no value.

My 2p. Could it be the fact your always sending people over here and posting links to S15oc thats putting peoples noses out of joint?

Thing is we are a minority. People cant always attend meets etc. People notice if the guy in the 15 doesnt show, but if someone with a 13/14 doesnt then it isnt so obvious.

Who the hell is it that has time to worry about these things? :rant:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Meddy said:
My 2p. Could it be the fact your always sending people over here and posting links to S15oc thats putting peoples noses out of joint?
I wondered when this would start, but to be honest there is no better place to find out info about the S15, so is it really a bad thing?? Or are you saying we have cast ourselves out by having this forum??

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i wouldnt say so cuz i still go there everyday just like i check on here about stuff.....but i have found after starting this forum it has helps many other out in many ways i i have no regret in starting up thie forum at all....

M

Meddy

Topper said:
Meddy said:
I wondered when this would start, but to be honest there is no better place to find out info about the S15, so is it really a bad thing?? Or are you saying we have cast ourselves out by having this forum??
No no not a bad thing and it doesnt bother me, but I could see some of the people on SX might be disgruntled by it. You know being on the forum then trying to coax people away into here. I can see how it could be misinterpreted.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, I don't think people are really disgruntled about the s15oc. We tend to send people over here because we give no nonsense advice without the ill-informed, misleading crap that some people come out with. We thankfully don't have our off-topic section full of utter shite either.

Believe it or not, this actually cropped-up when I was discussing the criteria of the 'best cars' judging that took place on Sunday. Can't go into it as it was a mods discussion, but it got onto the usual 'S15s aren't 200SXs' jibes and progressed from that.

It good for me to know how you feel about the SXOC, as I can feed that back if required. :)

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
No, I don't think people are really disgruntled about the s15oc. We tend to send people over here because we give no nonsense advice without the ill-informed, misleading crap that some people come out with. We thankfully don't have our off-topic section full of utter shite either.

Believe it or not, this actually cropped-up when I was discussing the criteria of the 'best cars' judging that took place on Sunday. Can't go into it as it was a mods discussion, but it got onto the usual 'S15s aren't 200SXs' jibes and progressed from that.

It good for me to know how you feel about the SXOC, as I can feed that back if required. :)
Aaaah ok so it was alcohol fueled. :D
Glad to hear people and fussed about us here as I think its a nice place to be. :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, no. The conversation was this morning in the Mods area on SXOC. So, I hope it wasn't booze fuelled... :p

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
No, no. The conversation was this morning in the Mods area on SXOC. So, I hope it wasn't booze fuelled... :p
Oh ok. Tell em to feck off then. :D :p

Not sure where its come from then. Only thing I can think is a lot of the owners as Ming has profesed arent that outgoing, others are in Ireland and a lot of others are drifty types. At the end of the day as Ive said we are a minority and so are never going to be hitting that many of the meets. Sad that folk think this of us though. Maybe we need to do something to remedy it by having a large bunch of us at one of the club meets. What about Brens track day?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't even get me started about that one... :indiff:

I think getting a feature done, as Ming is going to be sorting, will be good for the profile of the club and the S15. We could take the chance to give some background on the car.

The SXOC thing is just joking really, but I can't help feeling that some roots are established, if you know what I mean...

L

Lee75

I go on the sxoc most nights but i'm not a big poster (i'm shyish) :) i've had no probs at all but i'm still running around in the s14 :rolleyes:
I think the s15 is most peoples ideal car on the sxoc :p

H

Hank S15

I am also a SXOC member now.

Can`t really say there is much info on there about the S15, or parts offered.
So for the most info I come here, on this forum there are ppl with a S15!
The ppl with a S15 on SXOC are the same as on this forum...

But then again... we are just better then the S13 and S14 drivers, so we deserve a seperate forum! :thumbs: