What's new

body kits and roof bars!!

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Need some advice please, I am looking to be an S15 Spec R owner in the very near future and hoping to import a nice red example.

I wanted to know how easy it is to buy aftermarket body kits, tail lights and headlights and buying them new. I have seen a lot of wanted threads for these items and a lot of second hand purchases. Are new items readily available???

Also I am a very keen surfer and need to be able to get to the beach with the boards hence the need for roof bars for short journeys, they won't be staying on the car that's for sure!!! Wifes car is a none starter as she has an MX5 with a fabric roof!!

Thanks for the help and advice in advance.

Mark

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I've bought bits for my S15 from New Zealand, USA, Japan and here in the UK.

New aftermarket parts are easy to source, especially from the likes of Nengun or RHD Japan.

My local Nissan dealer is spot on for OEM parts, if they are available. Never had to buy headlights but they are very pricey second hand and I think no longer available from Nissan.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers dude, that's good to know. Some of the headlights seem misty and tired so wanted to see about replacements and some of the aftermarket rear lights look great.

I've seen a PH ad with an S15 sporting roof bars and wanted to know how easy they are to get hold of.

Reaction score
Country
S15 headlights come up for sale quite often here in New Zealand (I sold 2 pairs in July) and you can buy them from Nissan still (I priced one up recently). We generally have no issue sourcing parts for our S15's, someone always seems to have what you need, or knows someone who can get it.

Reaction score
Country
Kits you can get over here are generally poorly fitting replicas. Get one sourced and fitted in Japan before shipping or better still just buy a car with it already done.

You can fit roof bars but just note you can't have bars and wind deflectors.