What's new

boost problem

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
i was at a rolling road day yesterday and may car was only boosting at .5 it wont boost any more and at about 5500rpm the boost seems to drop to .4 and stay there to redline where it then spikes to about .8. has this happendend to anyone else ? i checked for boost leeks cant find any it still only boosting at .5 anyone hve any ideas ill see if i can post up the dyno sheet. it only made 226bhp at the flywheel and 266nm torque.

J

j@garagemac

solinoid bust ??? or a split pipe from the turbo to solinoid ???

or at worst a broken actuator, make sure the little clip holding the actuator arm to the turbo hasn't come off

kind regards jamie

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
i was thinking actuator myself im also getting a nosie back through the airfilter when i release the throttle it kinda like a dump valve noise.

J

j@garagemac

try taking the ssqv off and blocking up the hole i have had these leak befor

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
heres the 2 dyno sheets. you can see on the first the boost is all over the place its the purple wavie line.

Last edited:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
is it still stock actuator?? i would invest in a hks one i did and solve my problem with my boost
as u have checked everything else already

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
u would get it much quicker geting from apex uk theres not a big diff in price 89.99 if i remember rightly

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
so that means the actuator isnt causing the boost problem. also i have removed the boost sender attached to the drivers side wing as i didnt think i needed this as i fitted a defi boost gauage.

Last edited:

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
i have a question about the power fc boost control kit what i need to know is does the map sensor in the kit connect in to the same piping as the original boost sensor is just the harness for it wont reach that far i have it run to the power fc but the other end wont reach to the other side of the engine.