What's new

Climate control and mirrors

A

Anubis

I was wondering how hard it would be to convert a non climate controlled s15 to one with climate control. Any one know?

Also... does any one know whaqt is involved in changing mirrors to electrically foldable ones?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I thought all S15's had climate control :confused:

Nicely can prob answer your mirror querie

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
We're talking ADM spec S15s. They didn't have folding mirrors, climate control, Silvia steering wheels and gearknobs.

This is going to be one for the Aussie guys as I don't know how easy/difficult it would be.

I know that it was no easy task to add the JDM climate control on Euro S14s.

The folding mirrors are going to require trim changes on the driver's door for the additional mirror button.

If you want them to open/close automatically with the ignition, you will also require an additional JDM kit.

A

Anubis

Cool. Where can you get these kits?
I dont mind the interrior adjustments... i can source those.... Perfect run are an awesome help.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The auto-close kit? I'll dig out my Perfectrun order tonight for the part number. You may want to wait until either Elizium or I have sorted out some sort of Japanaese fitting translation though... :p

A

Anubis

Hahah... thanks Nicely.

I wonder whether i will need to replace my whole mirror... or put the motor in somewhere.

The auto close/open would be cool.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You shouldn't need to. The folding motors are sold separately. Take a look at my write-up on changing the folding motors in the modding section on my website (click my sig photo). I suppose you want to part numbers for those as well... :p

A

Anubis

That is a damn fine write up... thanks Nicley :notworthy: :D

So.... do you think I will just be able to get the fold motor and seat it where it should be?

I am thinking that mine just dont have them but still have the sport for them to go.

Hope the wiring is also just sitting there :indiff:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The motor units were JP ?6,000 each.

NISSAN CONT ?MIRROR CLOSE
B5570-85F00-(new number B5570-89910)
JP ?9,500

I would be very surprised if the mirror housings couldn't just accept the motors. I doubt the wiring will be there though...

S

S15R

ok, my mate just bought a set of jdm mirrors and a switch and all you need to do it plug and play no moding! wiring is there

for climate control, you will be looking at the whole unit plus wirings and sensors inside and outside

save you time and money = dont bother doing it :D

A

Anubis

OMG OMG.... so I can just buy a kit? where did your mate get it?!?!

Reaction score
a few years ago someone on the 200sx.org mailing list did the JDM climate control conversion to his ADM S15, and did a very good writeup and it seemed like a very big job. Like mentioned above, they needed the control unit, and the complete wiring harness to find the correct wiring and also all the sensors were needed. Basically unless you were hell bent on doin it, the hassle outweighed the benefit.

J

Jono

Nicely - is the "auto fold" trick simply a re-wiring thing linked to the ignition? Am I right or is it more complicated than that?

I'd quite like to set that up on mine, but not if it's going to cost me money or do my head in! :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Jono said:
Nicely - is the "auto fold" trick simply a re-wiring thing linked to the ignition? Am I right or is it more complicated than that?

I'd quite like to set that up on mine, but not if it's going to cost me money or do my head in! :p
Its a control unit, I'm afraid.