What's new

Coilover recommendation

Reaction score
Country
Decided to change what i want to do to the car first when i get it and coilovers seem a good place to start. Im torn between the Meister Zeta R and BC Racing BR coilovers at the moment. Anybody had experience with those coilovers?
Thanks guys :)

Reaction score
Country
^^ This. I have the Driftworks CS2's which are built by HSD and i absolutely love them, . 100% Worth the money. I have ridden in two Silvia's with the HSD Monopro's and they were on par, they are excellent.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hsd are what I would go for also around that price range. If you are set on one of the above then the meister r would be my choice, know a few people who run them and they are good just not quite on par with hsd

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah seem to be more a Honda thing, lots of my mates with type r's and s2k love them! Saying that the meister r32 was pretty insane and people I know who drove that said it handled incredibly

Reaction score
Country
So the Meister's seem to be a good choice?
Mate of mine ran his supra on the BC coilovers and said it handled unbelieveably well. I looked at the HSD's but they are over £200 cheaper than the others i am looking at so presume they were the worth u could get lol

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
How much are the ones you are looking at then? Think you are looking at the dual tech which are entry level not monopro. Tbh just because something is more expensive doesn't mean they are better and good suspension is nothing without a good set up.
Hsd are £775 and for what you get are bloody brilliant , http://www.driftworks.com/hsd-coilovers-nissan-180-200sx-silvia-dualtech-monopro-s13-s14-s15.html
my mechanic is a pro drifter and has driven cars with all the above mentioned suspension and for the road he rates the hsd best of the bunch followed by meister and then bc. I know people running all these set ups who are very happy with them , each to their own really... Sure whatever you end up purchasing you will be happy with :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
What do you plan to do with your car? Do you plan to take it to the track? A lot or a little? Is your car more of a daily driver?

Reaction score
Country
Iv got BCs and they drive awsome not too hard and handle like a go kart but iv never had any others so can't say what's better

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Are you able to get adjustable top mounts for the rear on HSD's

Reaction score
Country
The car will be the daily for a couple of months til i get another runaround. Then it will mainly be used as a weekend and show car. Will be doing a few track days at Silverstone for Trax and there's a sprint course not far from me which i'll be going on every now n again.
The HSD monopro's, BC racing and Meister R's are all very similar priced, the Driftworks CS2's are about £120 dearer. Are they worth the extra £120 or so for what looks like the same spec as the rest?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
There are plenty of threads on driftworks and sxoc like this http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technical/124949-hsd-vs-meisterr.html

The Cs2 have a slimmer/stronger body,helper springs and superior /revised damper settings for track/drift . Being a slimmer body can better accommodate low running , I would say they are more track orientated but still more than capable on the street.
As I said will be down to personal preference tbh but if you plan on doing quite a few track days I would probably fork out the extra and get the cs2, am considering a set myself as there isn't much to compete with them for the price . Also great customer service If you have any issues

Reaction score
Country
Heard alot of good reviews about the Driftworks CS2's and the HSD Monopro's, not heard much about the BC Racing and Meister R coilovers. Will have a think over the next few days and will order some on friday, damn this is a hard decision!

Reaction score
Country
Heard alot of good reviews about the Driftworks CS2's and the HSD Monopro's, not heard much about the BC Racing and Meister R coilovers. Will have a think over the next few days and will order some on friday, damn this is a hard decision!
It's an easy decision.

Reaction score
Country
Yep, they are good and usually have parts in which you can drop in and collect if you need it short notice. Had the monos on my BMW for 40k miles now and only problems being a front pillow ball going west and spring perch bearing seizing, these things have to be expected when running racing type exposed bearings on salty crappy roads.

Reaction score
Country
just to throw another one out there, are the monopros more track orientated and the dualtechs more fro street use?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I've got a set of Apex Gen2's (8/6 rating) and they have been spot on, done many tracks with them and even around the ring. I know they aren't a known make, but I have no complaints..