What's new

Cooling system flush

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys just wanted to know a few things. First off whats the best coolant to use I've heard different coolant for the temperature its coming up summer here so will be 25-32 degrees. Some people saying red's better than green and what not and also what ratios 50-50 or 75% water 25% coolant. And just how to do it properly I've done it before but cant remember exactly.

Reaction score
Just buy the pre mixed proportion one, it saves a lot of mucking around, just fill up the cooling system and remember to bleed off any air via the bleed screw at the top hose housing on the block.I would empty your coolant and reverse flush your radiator. Green seems to be more popular then red....just don't mix the 2 .

Reaction score
It's not so much the colours it's what's in them..There are 2 base chemicals they are, Ethylene Glycol or Propylene Glycol and it is well known if you mix the 2 you can create this jelly sludge over time.There are some types that will mix with both.. The colours are used by some producers to distinguish the different chemicals in them...

Reaction score
Country
I know this is reactivating a very old thread but i thought it best than creating a new one as there are already 5/6 on here anyway. I have read there is a block drain plug on the block which i thought i would need to open to remove all the water and green coolant from the system because im adding red antifreeze and they will react. However because ive changed my turbo lines does that mean that the block will in fact be completely empty? could i just completely fill with neat water- run the car up to temp, drain the water off then top up with water and anti freeze mix?

Im just paranoid of not getting all the old stuff out and end up with sludge in the coolant system