What's new

Crashed!

Reaction score
Hey, finally got down to torque gt yesterday and after a 3 hour drive home i dropped off the girlfriend. On the way back from hers i pulled away from a round about and into a left hand corner and the back end jumped out on me! We were doing about 25mph i think, in 2nd gear. I'm guessing boost kicked in and cought me unaware!! next thing i no the car spun round the other way and we were heading towards a lamppost and two road signs. Happened so quick but we hit the signs and missed the lamppost by inches!! I'm GUTTED, felt soo stupid and now the car has been towed away and i am not allowed to pick it up! So i had a silvia for around 6 hours!

Has anyone had one repaired after crash damage? Do they just write it off because they can't get the panels? Will i see it again? i will try post up a picture or two if i figure out how?

:annoyed:

Reaction score
Website
www.littleknocks.co.uk
I Bought one of mine with damage and repaired it myself as I own a Bodyshop. It really was'nt that bad, we've repaired much worse through insurance but in this case the insurance company decided not to repair as the parts are so hard to come by and the time scale on parts arriving is so long. There's no way any insurance companys are going to want to pay for storage for a car while there wainting 6-10 weeks for parts to turn up. Sorry to say but unless its a straight forward repair, you may have a bit of trouble.
You may be better off paying for it yourself and fitting used parts if it needs them.
Goodluck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Blimey !!! Sorry to hear that :(

Was it wet ? If not i really cant see how the back end would jump out like that unless the alignment was completely out or poor tyres ? Ive found my S15 so stable in the dry that its actually difficult to get the back end to even begin breaking traction in anything other than first gear. Of course the combination of changing direction (steering right around roundabout and then left as you exited) and applying power could have resulted in a major shift of weight transfer causing it to snap perhaps ?

Get a list of parts needed and pics if possible, if its panels then hopefully you can get replacements from a breaker (PPS perhaps) as there are more porbably being broken than you think. Might be worthwhile avoiding the insurance until you know the cost as its may be best paying out yourself for the parts ?

Reaction score
Yeah it was very wet! and i was tired which i am sure didn't help. The rear tires are dunlops i think, not sure if they are good or not. Like you said i found the car stable too really stuck on the ground, so maybe there was diesel on the bend or something or like i said the turbo surprised me!

I went to the garage this morning and this is it:

i have more but it hurts to upload them :( i have spoken to the insurance about gettin the car released from the garage as they will cover the cost of that, and they said they'd arrange repair but i am guessing they have no idea what a silvia is or where they would get things from!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
it doesnt look too bad to be honest looks like awing and door damage but the under the door looks like its been hit pretty bad as its bend in?
is that the only place its hit??
there is someone selling a pair of front wings and side skirts in the for sale section it that helps...

is there any other damage like to the a pilliar or roof etc??

Reaction score
No thats it really a small mark on the front bumper but that could be painted over i think, the a pillar looks fine even the guys at the crash compound said that so it really is just that i think (hope) i will try put some closer pics up maybe i should avoid the insurance people full stop then ?? don't want it written off just cuz they can't source bits!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
u may be ok as i can see even the window didnt break
well could be ok just wondering if where the side skirt is ok that seems to be the most worrying bit too me....as a door u can replace and so the wings but that iam not too sure....
look in the sale section its S14/S14 parts for sale u could ask him to hold on to them for the time being untill u find out what the insurance say...
oh btw u got PM

Reaction score
Country
Id strongly suggest buying those side skirts for a start and start sourcing te other bits (door, wing and mirror) it might be difficult to source them later otherwise.

Like Ming said, how bad is the damage to the sill ? Not sure what extent the damage to the chassis warrants a write off ?

Reaction score

Yeah the bottom sill does look bad, i am hoping that can just be replaced and that the underneath is ok, we'll see i guess can't even pick the car up till monday :cry:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i just duno if that has bent the car in anyway....
i think u must get some proper advise from a good body shop to see if the body has bent in anyway way... i guess the car still starts and drives right??

Reaction score
yeah it still runs, and all wheels turn as for driving i dunno as they towed it away because it was stuck on a road sign! i am waiting to hear from the insurers to see if they will pay the tow charge and then i will be able to try drive it home as its not far away and wait for an inspection but we'll see how they wanna do it!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
did u have to pay the tow charge right away??
if so did u get a receipt from them..or did the insuracne ppl gett he tower out?

cuz they will only pay for the tow if they got them out or if u have a proper receipt for it as thats what happened before when i has a accident once i got my car towed but they would re pay me as i didnt have a proper reciept..

oh yeh where about are u based as u havent stated it on ur profile aswell

Reaction score
The police arranged the collect of the car, i haven't payed anything as of yet. The insurance company said they would pay maybe they meant reimburse me but they were unclear on that. Waiting for a call from them now.

I am from the Southampton/Portsmouth area. i will update my profile asap ;)

Reaction score
Damn, if you can somehow get an underpanel or have someone get one maybe from an S14 as it is a stright piece then you can get the door and fender and side skirt and things should be alright.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
wow sorry to hear, but it looks like it was a 20zone and imo form the damage, it dosnt look like you were doing 25?..

Hope you get it sorted tho

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
gutted for you lad. 6hrs & then this. thats the problem with going from FWD to RWD with lots of power. When I got mine from torque gt I had to drive to fishguard then get boat & drive from rosslare to armagh in ireland. in all I was up 23hrs & when I got off the boat it lashed rain all the way home. was worried bout handling in teh wet cause a few people had complained bout it but honestly I don't know what they are talking bout cause the handling was awesome. was running toyo proxies TR1's tho which are a fooking great tyre.

As for the damage, doesn't look too bad from your picks. should be able to sort it out. Just wondering about the bottom of the car tho as those signs tend to have a big lump of concrete on the bottom and I know from experence that hitting a post out of the ground can cause the pole to act like a giant sledge hammer on the base of the car. I'd check that out if I was you.

gud luck with it

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
LK Drifter has a set of wings for sale in the for sale section. £50 each or £80 for the pair. will need sprayed but you may want to snap them up while you can lad

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Ouch, sorry to hear/see this.

On your first day of having it too :(

I drove mine from Newcastle back to Essex in torrential rain when I collected mine.

I was so careful and had the back kick a little bit when I came out of a service station back onto the motorway.

From what Ive experienced in my 2 months of having on of these cars is that you have to give them alot of respect when its wet.

Hope you get it all sorted soon mate.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the sympathy guys! Have been feeling like a right idiot since it happened.

I think i might have got lucky with the base of the sign, as the pole had a bend in it and was still in the ground. I have to wait till monday to hear from the insurance people as the policy is too new to be on the system! Should have the car home then too!

Thanks for the heads up on the front wings. I will get in contact with the people selling as soon as i know whats going on! Don't wanna pay for insurance and not use it.

Thanks again :D

Reaction score
Gutted for you mate but I know how you feel,I had my 1st S15 for only 3 weeks when I swerved to miss a girl who just ran across the road and hit a parked car side on,it looked like a boomerang and was written off,it was so bad i wasn't allowed to buy it back and it was crushed in the scrap yard:cry:.
Anyway I now have another and it is so much better,but even after having it for nearly 2 years I still have to be careful in the rain,it bucketed it down today and it was so twitchy gotta be so careful.
The damage doesn't look too bad and you should be able to get it repaired you will get it back just in time for the rainy season:D then the fun starts.You can then mod the engine and up the horses and have even more fun:thumbs:.