What's new

Dash light

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys how easy isit the change the bulbs behind the dash as my temp one is really faded and you can barely see it at night

Reaction score
Country
I could imagine it's quite a ball ache as the cluster has to come out and I'm guessing the bulbs are soldered to the circuit board

Reaction score
Country
What are you guys on about - it's EASY to change the cluster bulbs, when I decided to change a few dim bulbs last year it took less than 10 minutes all up. The bulbs just SCREW in and click into place (none are soldered) and there are only 3 screws holding the cluster in place, plus 2 for the shroud. Undo them all and unclip 3 plugs and the cluster is out, reverse the procedure and its back in. Absolutely no "ball ache" at all.

Reaction score
Country
Yup easy as. You can disassemble the dash even more and scratch off the tinting to change the colour of the dash too

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
What are you guys on about - it's EASY to change the cluster bulbs, when I decided to change a few dim bulbs last year it took less than 10 minutes all up. The bulbs just SCREW in and click into place (none are soldered) and there are only 3 screws holding the cluster in place, plus 2 for the shroud. Undo them all and unclip 3 plugs and the cluster is out, reverse the procedure and its back in. Absolutely no "ball ache" at all.
Thanks buddy are there any dimmer switches

Reaction score
Country
Because they're pussies and the light was too bright.

Couldn't help myself haha. JDM ones don't either as far as I'm aware

Reaction score
Because they're pussies and the light was too bright.

Couldn't help myself haha. JDM ones don't either as far as I'm aware
We like to concentrate on the road, not the Christmas lights....:p

Just one more thing to potentially go wrong then...
Hasn't happened to me in 10 years so looks like they are safe...:thumbs: