What's new

Diff casings S14 v S15

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, are they the same? The 14's have the VLSD but also have the cooler but is this taken from the casing or the backplate?

Cheers :cool:

Reaction score
They are the same,the generic R200 which you'll find on Skylines, Cefiros etc. Its just the centres that are different and in some cases the half shaft bolts

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Lemme guess Craig... you found yet another bargain which is a 2 way diff from someone's S14 and you're gonna transplant this into your 15 lol ;) :p

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the input guys. I'm fairly sure they all have ABS so should be good. Where do they take the oil from to route it through the cooler in the viscous diffs?

Lemme guess Craig... you found yet another bargain which is a 2 way diff from someone's S14 and you're gonna transplant this into your 15 lol ;) :p
Haha, not quite! I wanted to get a spare diff casing to clean up ready for when I drop the subframe! Just saves waiting a week with the diff apart while the powdercoateds do their stuff ;)

Reaction score
Just make sure as said that the diff you are getting uses the ABS casing as the ABS sensor is located to the front of the diff housing at the bottom of the tailshaft. This is what sends the speed signal to be converted by the ABS computer for the speedo to read correctly.

Reaction score
Craig did you end up getting a spare subframe to have powerdercoated so you could drop out and drop the new one straight in? or you having the subframe on your car atm powerdercoated?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Not yet mate, no. I forgot you were after one too!

Reaction score
Well its something i want to do allong with the millions of other things. Have you had any luck in finding one? i'm keeping my eye out if one turns up at all. I'm also gonna get my diff painted white i think, probably get this done when i drop it out when fitting a 2-way.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I have found a S15 one. Haven't picked it up yet though.

D

djmasterg

Hi Guys

My subframe will be for sale in couple of weeks. I will post a msg in "For sale" section.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I can't see why not if the housings are the same ;)