What's new

DMAX 50/50 tail lights wiring

Reaction score
Country
So i bought myself some new DMAX tail lights thinking they would be straight forward plug and play but the connectors on the new lights are two separate parts and the OEM connector is a single piece.

Hopefully that makes sense but how the hell do I murge the correct wires???

Reaction score
Country
I've just done a set of these, and you'll be glad to know they are just plug and play.

IIRC (was a few weeks ago when I did mine), those plugs that came with the lights should fit into the original loom and replace where the bulb sits.

So remove your original bulb (tail light and brake light) and plug those into where the bulb should sit. The excess wires should just tuck inside your tail lights.

Be aware, as they are LEDS, they will only work one way but will physically fit both ways (mine were tight to plug in both ways so neither was obvious). So if they don't work just swap the plug around 180° and it should work ;)

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Cut the plug from your old tail lights and that plugs into your LED slot. Its actin like a bulb as its a male spade.

Reaction score
Country
Literally have no idea what you are talking about but my electrician friend is coming down tonight. He is going to cut into the original light loom and solder in the new lights for me.

Reaction score
Remove the bulb holder and bulb from the original lights.

Plug that into the loom as it was before.

Now remove the bulb from the bulb holder.

Then plug the dmax plug into where the bulb would go.

Now attach the stock bulb holder to the back of the dmax lights.

Reaction score
Country
Tom thank you for braking that done in to idiot sized portions, now totally get it and won't need any slicing and splicing from my electrician friend. Very happy. Apologies to everyone else for my grade A retardation.

On another note, the side repeaters, do they simply pop off or is there a special way to get them on, I have the NISMO clear side repeaters to fit!!

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
The side repeaters slide back. I can't remember which is which, but I think drivers side slides towards the bonnet and the passengers side slides towards the boot.