What's new

Open Event: Drift Donnington

Nemesis Guy

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.nemesisuk.com
Hey all,

After meeting sliding-r last Saturday. I told him about the last DWYB at Santa Pod I did and that him and LuPix_S15 were interested in attending the next one when they can.

It's a bit late notice but a new Drift venue very similar to Santa Pod has been announced that will be held at Donnington on Saturday the 29th May. It has better surfaces and is bigger than the pod layout so it gives you much more seat time plus it is a tenner cheaper at £50 for the day. There is also a tyre man (mint tyres) on site as well just like the pod with similar tyre prices I believe? My main reason for this one is because for me it's much closer than travelling all the way to the pod.:nod:

I will hopefully aim to attend this providing my car is ready in time. So for any others that would be interested your welcome to come along and join in.

Spaces are filling up very quickly so would recommend booking in advance.

All info can be found on http://www.driftdonington.co.uk/

Also the organiser has posted a topic on Driftworks regarding the event. http://www.driftworks.com/forum/other-news-events/114044-drift-donington-practice-day.html

Reaction score
obviously didnt read the small print, doh!

will one set of tyres with good amount of tread last me the day?

Nemesis Guy

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.nemesisuk.com
It all depends on how crazy you go! :wack:

They should last half the day or more.

The last one I done I got through two sets of part worns on the rear. I'm aiming to find the cheapest new tyres I can get my hands on that should last me the day. The tyre man usually have a good range of part worns in diffrent sizes available on the day as well. They usually cost £5 a tyre and change then £2 disposal. So all in £14 that isn't bad.

Reaction score
Country
This looks awesome!! Defo up for going to this! The last DWYB i went to with James Lu i killed 2 brand new tyres and 4 part worns but i did get a lot of seat time :) mmmmm nice smooth tarmac :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for the info Nemsis Guy!! :thumbs:

Usually would say yes straight off but I've got a wedding to photoshoot on that Saturday so gutted... cannot make it this time round :(

But well up future event as change of scenery from Pod would be ace and it's just as far to Donny as going to Pod for me plus £10 cheaper I see lol :wack:

Nemesis Guy

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.nemesisuk.com
Ok, I should still be going to this hopefully. I just have a bit of a complicated oil cooler/ filter relocation kit to fit this week that I have put togeter my self. Once that is sorted i'm there! Will keep you guys informed. My mate thats has already booked and paid as well.

sliding-r and JameS15 please let me know if you are still planning to attend?

Reaction score
i wont be going this time dude as the car is scraping to bad at the arches to give it that much abuse atm but im getting it sorted this weekend.

i wana go to the next one, its every two weeks i beleive..

will you be a regular?