What's new

ECU power issues

Reaction score
Country
I'm having fun and games with intermittent lack of power to my Apexi Power FC. It's something to do with the main loom that goes through the firewall on the passenger side but I've not managed to figure out exactly where.

However I have noticed that if I wiggle that circled black wire with the red tape the screen on the Hand Commander dims and the water temp on it blanks out, so I'm wondering if that wire is causing my issues.

I can't find that black connector block (or whatever it is) in the workshop manual though. Does anyone know what it is? The ECU sits in front of all that space.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah just not sure what that wire actually is. There's another one that's been tapped into behind it as well.

Reaction score
Country
And what would that big white connector be for in the middle of the pic? It's not plugged into anything but lots of wires going in.

It's not the ABS module as that's out of shot.

Reaction score
Country
I think they are both F4 connectors to plug the ECU harness into the car harness. Since my car has had an engine transplant I'm guess some fun and games were required to use the correct harness for the engine with the main S15 harness.

Reaction score
Country
Well the receipt for the engine states SR20 from an auto S15. Not entirely sure if that's right though. If that was the case I wouldn't have thought my F4 plug would have been messed with at all.

What I'd like to do is get the engine control harness out of the car so I can work out what each wire is, check for splits (I've found a few little nicks in the insulation already) and label everything.

The trouble is it's all in the footwell and hard to get at properly. If you pull all the plugs out under the dash (ECU/ABS/F4 etc) does it all pull back out through the firewall so I could inspect it draped over the wing?