What's new

ECU remapping for beginners???

J

japcar_junkie

While im down south this week picking up my car i was going to drop by horsham dev's to get the ECU remapped save having to drive back down at a later date, but having not driven a RWD turbo before, and being 4 years since my last manual, im gonna be a little rusty on the gear change n of course a virgin to how it will drive. Is this going to affect the remapping process or will the acuracy be just the same as if i went back in a few months when i have a better understanding.

Reaction score
usually the dyno operator drives/maps the car at the same time so you shouldnt have anything to worry about

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You'll need to book a session with Jez if you haven't already. Unless you specifically want a Dyno mapping, he'll do an onroad mapping, which tends to be much more accurate for everyday driving. He uses a very quiet a fairly straight section of road near Newbury. Its mapped in 3rd only usually. Once he's happy with the map, he'll get you to give it some stick in other gears to check for any further det (probably on a very nearby DC).

The downside to the onroad mapping is that you are subject to the weather. If its raining or frosty, he won't do it, for obvious reasons :)

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
He uses a very quiet a fairly straight section of road near Newbury. Its mapped in 3rd only usually. Once he's happy with the map, he'll get you to give it some stick in other gears to check for any further det (probably on a very nearby DC).
Aaaah yes Jez's own private test track :rolleyes:

i thought my car was going to blow up in 3rd but Jez said its fine :wack:

If your wanting Jez you have to book him like nicely said :nod:

Topman is Jez :notworthy:

J

japcar_junkie

Yea, i'v already spoken to Jez and explained that im hoping to pic her up this week but untill i have a deffinate date i cant make a booking, think i might hold fire and learn the car first so im not tempted to crank the boost to early, then take a drive down when the weathers a little better.