What's new

exedy hyper single paddle clutch and flywheel

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
hi guys, does anyone have the above fitted to thier s15? reason i ask is i have just bought one for quite a good price and it is due to be fitted soon - gary from apt says it is quiet, not awfully heavy - but heavy and is quite user friendly for a paddle - does anyone have any more info that may be of use to me?

Reaction score
i'd agree, you tend to start getting more noise when you're into multiple plate clutches, because they knock together when they're dissengaged to cool themselves.

i installed an exedy hyper single in my mates 'teg and it was extremely user friendly... can't imagine the paddle will be much different. :)

Reaction score
I've got the 3 puck one. Have to learn how to drive around the drivetrain shudder but all good apart from that (i.e. you can't slip the clutch with rpm around tickover as its horrid)

Reaction score
Yeah the puck clutch's do bite hard. Its worth remembering that the stock six speed won't take to much punishment from an agressive clutch plus power mods.

I have quite a few mates who can vouch for that :cry:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
well im not gonna be launching it from day to day, ill give it stick once im off and running/up to speed but by this point id imagine its no different no matter what clutch you have in there, as long as it'll lay the power down. besides look what mr interlink express bought me in the mail
:D

C

carpo rb27 s15

i have used the hyper single on a 180sx before and worked very well.never blew gearboxs even at high speed clutch kicks.

as auss 15 said above the 6 speed boxs do no take much to blow them as they are very weak but the exeddy clutch should be ok in it as they are not very hard on cars