What's new

Finally swaping my FTO for a S15

J

japcar_junkie

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself to all you guys who i havent already met via SXOC, for the most part, probably as im gonna be needing so much help and guidence over the next few weeks as i try to sell my FTO GR i'v had for the past 4 years in order to buy my first slivia S15. I was hoping to view a few this weekend but ended up working but plan to get out and about tuesday and have one sitting on the drive before the end of the month.

Bye the way, if you know anyone interested in buying an FTO, pls let me know. Cheers

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
firstly welcome to the forum
u will get most of the information u need here as we are a nice bunch of ppl arent we...hehe
feel free to ask any questions we will try to answer as mucha s we can...but please also try to search the forum from some questions as well as must topics have been talked about before but if u do ask again we wont dis you for it dont worry
and all the best in finding a nice S15

J

japcar_junkie

Cheers Nicely,

I know you've spoke alot of sense the past few days with regards to importing myself but im gonna be pulling my hair out waiting the weeks and weeks needed to ship the car over and ESVA so im gonna go take a look at the S15 shown on the SXOC link, only having just checked over the images again, Alex has just posted to say he's trading it soon down in Southampton.

Wanted to get down there Sat but had to work so im gonna have to drop him a call early tomorrow moning to arrange a vist.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
have u tried look at the one already in the uk so saving u the hassle of waiting as there are a few nice examples in the uk...as most of them compaines have standard parts to put them pass the ESVA otherwise u will find some hassle if u get a modded one unless ur after a box standard one?

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
haha sorry not totally with it need more sleep....as u nkow nicely iam always up doing the weird posting times at 3-4-5am in the morning

J

japcar_junkie

I know the said car is pretty much standard but with the price tag compared to a few available from prodrift and torque i should have a few grand spare to start of making my own mark.

Can you recomend any good suppliers of parts for both general servicing and quality modification. I used to use funkyproduct.com for most of my FTO bits, and the do stock a minimal amount of S15 parts but nothing major.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well most products u will be able to get from either apex perforamance or driftworks but of course there are many other suppliers now...
with co-ordsport we have 10% discount when ringing up u must ask for gavin as he's the top block who sorted things out there

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:D :thumbs:

Standard S15s are good to buy :nod:

I'm a firm believer in getting everything I can from Japan direct. Nissan OEM parts are half the price and performance parts are considerably cheaper too...

J

japcar_junkie

I agree with waht you said about buting the car standard, for me its knowing you have a blank canvas to work with and everything thats done is your own work, although buying a car that has some mods can work out cheaper in the short term.

For what reason do you think a standard S15 is the right way to go, i know from the spec of ur car its far from standard, so i can only presume its for the same reasons as myself.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
My car was totally standard when it was imported. Its the second S15 I've had. The first one was modified and it was difficult to actually know what had and hadn't been done. Its not so bad if its been modified entirely in the UK, as you can get a good idea of the work from the previous owner. Unfortunately if its a new import you don't know the previous owner, and if you did you wouldn't speak Jap... :p

Lightly modified is fine. No more than the exhaust and filter though. Once the boost has been played with, it opens a whole can of worms...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome, hope the buying goes well and if we can be of any assistance, let us know :thumbs:

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
:wave: Welcome to our club from one wolverhampton owner to another :wack:

As for your parts supplier Coordsport are now doing alot of s15 stuff,
and will do you a good deal:thumbs:

And as i start back to work within a couple a weeks, it will be gav or me you'll speak to :D
remember we're local to you too, Dudley:nod: ( part of Ralliart )

kimi x