What's new

Finished my Defi install

Reaction score
Country
When I sold my 180sx, I took out all of the Defi gauges I had in there to put in my 15.

I had the all the sensors fitted up, and could see the info on the link display, and I had changed the stock boost gauge for a Defi BF one.

9 month later I've eventually finished putting them in :D

Originally I was going to put them in the air vents, but after much trying I gave up on trying to remove them without smashing them to bits, so I came up with a new idea.

The glove box! They are nice and stealthy in there, as I can just shut the lid to hide them from view, and there's enough space left to put a few cd's or other stuff in, so the glove box isn't completely useless.

Anyway, I've took a few (crappy) pics to show it off :)

And a closer shot of it.

I've sprayed it Rover steel grey to try and match the colour scheme of the rest of the trim. I don't think it will be that much more out of the way to look at than if it was fitted in the vents, and in some ways it's better, as I've angled them towards the driver for a clearer view of them, and I can still get the nice cool airflow from the vents in the summer!

What do peeps think of it :)

Also, do other people's rear demister switch illuminate, as I just noticed in the pic that mine doesn't.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Good work Dan :) Defi's are one of the next things on my list too. I also used Rover Steel Grey to touch up my centre console and the match was perfect. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I cant wait I should get mine next week :D All I really want to get now is the Link Display and the inside of my car will look like a xmas tree :wack:
Défi Link Controller II
VSD-X
Exhaust Gas Temperature
Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure
Oil Temperature
Water Temperature
Turbo Pressure

Reaction score
Country
Thats loads! where are you planning on fitting them all?

I've just got the essentials, boost, water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. The link display is good, as it's got a warm up sequence that you can set the temperature on, and it lets you know when it reaches it :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I was planning
Turbo - where the stock one is
Oil Pres, Temp and Fuel Pres in the 3 Air Vents
and Exhaust & Water on each side of where the bulge in the dash is with the VSD in the centre showing on the windscreen :D cant wait for next year lol
just need to win the lottory now lol

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I saw you had bought all of them from a bloke on SXOC. I'm going to get the advance ones - may aswell if I'm buying them new. Just going for water temp, oil temp and oil pressure displayed on the link meter and one gauge (boost) to replace the original. Even this very simple setup is going to cost a small fortune :( Worth it though! :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Yea I wasnt going to get it all but after looking at the cost of HKS CAMP2 (would need all the sensors and sell my Power FC to get a HKS ECU) and the Defi's on RHDJapan I just thought if I get them now I dont need to worry about paying extra vat and that next year for them so small investment :) there is still a full set on SXOC Craig dont think they are new like the one's I got still in the box and there is one Oil gauge missing but you could get 1 or 2 of the ones your after :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I totally love my Defi's hehe :)

Got water temp and oil temp as the main two showing on Link Display unit which are the most essential data required when using on track/drift/fast road etc...

Oil pressure is plugged in and will kick out warning if it drops below 0.8 x1000 kPa (same as bar lol??) and boost is on seperate BF 60mm gauge next to Link Display cos I wasn't happy turning my head over more to look at boost reading haha :wack:

Dan - your install looks ace buddy :thumbs:

Next on my need list is an EGT but before then I fancy deviating from Defi and getting an Autometer Sport Comp monster tach Paul Walker Fast 'n' Furious stylee braaap :p

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Dude I have a auto gauge one for sale thats kinda like that for £15 if you want it all you need is the shift light to mount on it? :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Dude I have a auto gauge one for sale thats kinda like that for £15 if you want it all you need is the shift light to mount on it? :)
Cheers dude - would have been interested if it wasn't for my OCD on making sure my instrument dials and stuff are the best in quality lol. Because I use my car so much throughout the year at track/drift events I need to get summat that's rugged and accurate which is why I'm being a brand whore in this particular case and sticking to Autometer. I won't even get the cheaper non Sport/Pro Comp series even though they are by the same company because when I called a dealer, he said the non Sport/Pro Comp are made in China and are not as robust as the Sport/Pro Comp series :wack: Thanks for the offer tho! :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I ain't too fussed on most things being branded and more expensive etc but for some reason Bride seats and Defi/Autometer gauges are the only ones I'd consider... lol

But then on the flip side I refused to pay £250+ for a set of Takata harnesses so ended up getting a perfectly decent TRS brand (used in motorsport) from Demon Tweeks for a little over £100 :)

Reaction score
I have like twelve defi gauges home now, really two sets but the colours are not what I am after. I removed the set from my ER34 GTT as I am installing the GTR MFD in it and may just run the BF Boost and EGT setup. I also have a second BF Boost and EGT that I am installing on the S15 A-pillar, my plan is to take two S15 a-pillar pod setups and make one. My original plan was to install the balance of my gauges in the air bag area but I have now decided to keep the airbag setup and I don't want to install them in the A/C vents even though it looks cool but over here is way too hot, so I am selling the 60mm ones and ordering the Defi DIN Panel Setup for my car to keep it uniform. Of course it has to match the Nismo Instrument Panel so it will need to be RHD angled black background with amber lighting, trying to get the same for the pillar as well.

Reaction score
My gauges currently consist of:

Oil pressure,
Oil Temperature,
Water Temperature,
Boost Pressure,
AFR ratio,

Am looking at getting in the near future;

Exhaust Gas temperature and Inlet Air Temperatures as i consider these essential for tuning.

Here's an intesting picture i took of the three in the vents

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
very nice dan, love defi's so i went for the most defi-looking lower budget gauges lol. they will never be defis though :(

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
Check out the Defi Racer series, they are much cheaper then their other ones and don't require the controller unit.

I bought mine from Nengun and their prices are very competitive.

Reaction score
yer blitz blm gauges look nice just don't have the functions of other gauges on the market like delfi. i.e flashing warning illumination. maybe other series in the blitz range do?