What's new

Folding Mirrors

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Couldnt find anything on it..

Over the last few months i have noticed my driver one has been slower than the pass side. This morning i went to unfold them to find the driver one didnt budge >.<'

It was bloody cold outside and i had to push it. This happened to anyone else? Pressuming its just the motor, but what sort method would be required to mend this? Or do i need to buy a whole new mirror?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There's a small portion of that guide I should update. I found a much easier way of threading the wires...

Both of mine died. The passenger one died first and was the one I replaced in the guide. The driver's side got worse and worse and was replaced when I changed both wing mirrors for heated ones. Swapped the new LH motor though... ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but still cant get that link to work, also having trouble getting onto the forum so maybe my computer?
On boxing day it appears to have fixed itself, or as ive shoved it out its fixed it somehow. Wouldnt mind swapping the motors though before it packs up again

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Nicely's new link works fine for me. One of mine plays up randomly but a gentle nudge whilst its moving usually sorts it.. Definitely not often enough to take it to bits yet!

Reaction score
Country
ok, i just replaced my motors and the driver side one is a little slower on my car to, the motors are brand new so i think its just how it works... :p mabye it will get better with the temperature increasing.
Thanks Nicely for an amazing guide btw!

Reaction score
Country
did the spec r's come with power fold mirrors or were they an optional extra? :)

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
As far as I am aware they are standard item on spec Rs and spec S, also were on my Toyota glanza V guessing Japanese people love there fold in mirrors.