What's new

For those that have converted kmh to mph speedo

Reaction score
Country
Realised last night that the last MOT i told them the wrong mileage! Doh!

What I did was get them to convert the total number on the clocks to miles as I told them it was in km's...

What I should have done was use the number of km's at the point the car was picked up. Then it was converted to mph so by MOT time I should have got the total number and taken off the km value and converted that to miles then add this to the miles done over the year!

That’s what Ill have to do this year as it will work out the same calculations wise although number may differ to previous mot..not sure how it will work out yet :|

The reason this thought came about was I was driving along crying at my mpg when I thought that the trip counter was still going up in km's but then realised it works off your speed so since its converted to mph its going up in miles lol! Then realised that the total number of miles on the clock is still in kms and now its going up in miles which confuses things a little...

Wonder if anyone else is as thick as me?

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
i just let them write the number down from the odemeter, its on something like 130,000 but I got the paperwork that lets me convert that to 100k Miles. for servicing and fuel i just use the two small counters A&B for working out range and oil changes (400 & 6000 miles).

The only downside to using the trip counters is they dont hold any memory if you disconnect the battery

One of these days i want to get someone to change the output and certify it so its reading only in miles

Last edited: