3. Sniffy
4. koullis
5. S15AK
6. AllanOrr
7.Aikens15

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
hmmm...looks like another bunch load of carbon awesomeness from our dear craig (u know u should have add me without asking :wack: )

defo interested as this would really complement the carbon cooling panel from craig automotive industries :rotfl:

p.s. we're not only 8 people as we were 11 on page 3, we should probably be 13-14, so let's say I'm number 15 :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha! :) Well the first one as been made and should be sent out for testing this week. If all goes well, they will be for sale as of next week. I'm not taking any payments until they habe been made this time as I don't want to be in the same situation as with the cooling panels.

If anyone wants to organise a GB for these on your own international forums then please feel free. I can send mutiple heat shields to one address for them to be distributed within your country which will save on shipping.

Everyone on the list below will be notified when they are available for sale.

1. Craig8585
2. adz87kc
3. Sniffy
4. koullis
5. S15AK
6. AllanOrr
7. Ichigo-300
8. Wayne S15R
9. TomK
10. Suspect
11. nutsnbolts
12. armouredsnake
13. Aikens15
14. eiden88

:)

D

djmasterg

1. Craig8585
2. adz87kc
3. Sniffy
4. koullis
5. S15AK
6. AllanOrr
7. Ichigo-300
8. Wayne S15R
9. TomK
10. Suspect
11. nutsnbolts
12. armouredsnake
13. Aikens15
14. eiden88
15. djmasterg :)

Reaction score
Looks like i've been removed from the list

1. Craig8585
2. adz87kc
3. Sniffy
4. koullis
5. S15AK
6. AllanOrr
7. Ichigo-300
8. Wayne S15R
9. TomK
10. Suspect
11. nutsnbolts
12. armouredsnake
13. Aikens15
14. eiden88
15. djmasterg :)
16. NeilTSport

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Sorry mate, I must have missed you off by mistake

D

djmasterg

That is what just arrived :

I will be pretty happy to put it in a car, but first - I need to figure out how to mount it without damaging it too much (holes for nuts and bolts). And I need to wait untill rain stops. Had a quick look under bonnet, and there is not even 10 mm space between manifold and abs unit, so hope that will fit. Also I need to undo the strut brace to put it in place. But the quality of shield is excellent, well done Craig!!!!! You should be named carbonCraig :)

Ps. If it stays the way it is after testing, can I keep this one? Or do you want me to send it back? I will update this thread with pictuers taken just after some drifting :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The guy who made them told me this one had a design fault, that's why it was good for testing. I have not seen it myself (apart from your photos) as I've been in Kenya for the last 4 weeks! If your happy with the quality of it then I'm more than happy for you to keep that one.

When I had my Topstage one fitted there was about 5mm between the mani and alloy plate. This isn't a copy of the Topstage one, it's much better. I will PM you some pics of how mine was mounted. I'll have to design a mounting system for these that is neat and tidy.

We were thinking of offering a mirror polished or brushed alloy heat reflector too..

D

djmasterg

Hi

I have finished mounting and having 30 minutes drive with no problems at all. Tonight I will try to give it better (harder test) to see if anything will deform. Here are some photos:

After I hade a quick measure, I decided to close the bonnet and see if the shield isn't in the way, so If you are going to mount it, be careful not to put it above certain level above abs unit, because bonnet brace is very close to it:

So that is all for now. I will let you know how it went with bit of drifting :)
Greg.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice work Greg :)

If you add a bracked to the lower part you could pull it in slightly which will increase the distance between the manifold and alloy plate. Also, you can tuck the top of the carbon underneath the scuttle panel which will give you more room in every direction :)

D

djmasterg

Don't know what I should do more to test it, my tyres are done :) Opposite to this shield which is still intact.

Anyway, Craig, well done! Great piece of engineering. You said I can shape it,but again - not shure where and how.
Could you describe it more easier to understand (like for a Polish guy) :)

D

djmasterg

Alan, not so far away from you. But it must be after midnight and not on friday :) lots of coppers there on weekends. I will get in touch with you when I will be going next time.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Greg, If you check my photos in Post #1, you will see how I had mine mounted. I had the upper surface of the heat shield tucked underneath the black plastic scuttle panel where it meets the firewall. This will give you extra bonnet and manifold clearance.

Also, if you add an aditional support bracket towards the bottom of the heat shield, you will be able to pull the heat shield away from the manifold slightly, giving you even more manifold clearance :)

I will send out PM's to people on the list with more details over the next day or so :)

Reaction score
Country
just thought, is the price you stated on 1st post final? or any discount might happen if we reach a larger participants number?

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The original estimate of £129 is fairly accurate but the cost of the mould and the fire retardant resin set us back a lot more than we expected, so this will impact on the price slightly - by around £7 per item.

The price won't drop with more people I'm afraid. They aren't intended to be profit making, I just need to factor in the cost of the mould and other expenses. If/when they become profitable, it will be donated to te club.

Reaction score
Country
ok, got it. I'm gauging interest on Italian Nissansilviaclub.it on these if it's ok with you. I'll be coming back at you very soon with some more info :thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No problem at all :) If you order more than one, I could send them all to you in one parcel to save on shipping..

Status
Not open for further replies.