What's new

Getting my Car mapped soon need some advise!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Few quetions:

1. Z32 AFM is this neccessary to achieve 310-320 HP on my stock tubby and injectors?

2. Stock Dumpvalve mod? i have heard abot it but havent found much info on the mod to block the pin hole that causes leaks past a bar.

3. Colder plugs- can i get a part number for these please as i think they will be needed?

any help much appreciated! :nod:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You'll be ok on standard AFM. NGK BKR7EIX plugs will do the job perfectly.

There is a good thread on SXOC (somewhere!) about the recirc valve mod. You should find it with a search. It's mega simple though.. just split the valve in half and run a tap through the hole, then put a screw in it with thread lock :)

Reaction score
what kind of failure?

How do you think my Stock clutch is going to take the power? i guess it really depends how you drive it....

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I changed my stock clutch (which was barely worn at all) before I went for my remap as I was worried it wouldn't hold the extra torque. And after having the remap I'm glad I did. The difference is impressive. :D

Reaction score
Craig who mapped your car?

which clutch you opt for?

what power you get with which mods when you got mapped and also did your MPG increase when cruising after the map?

which oil you running in your engine?

Cheers, Tom

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
to get re-mapped on the t28r @ 1.2bar with the usual mods you can run around 300bhp give or take a few before the afm and injectors need upgrading. you can choose to upgrade them at the same time but its only to feel safer, it can happily run at this though......

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Jez Horsham custom mapped my car on the road. It was modded to stage 2a + GT28RS.

Not sure on power now as I haven't had it RR'd since the remap. With the fueling adjusted slightly it was 280 bhp & ft lbs before the remap at 0.8 bar and the difference is a lot as it's now mapped to 1.3 bar until about 5750 when the turbo starts running out of puff. The midrange torque is the bit that is the most noticeable addition!
MPG has defiantly increased when cruising as it was running too rich on the stock map. Before the remap it was mid-high 20's on the motorway but after the map it was doing just over 30 in similar conditions. Silkoline Pro-S is my oil of choice but any decent fully synth will be fine!

As for the clutch, I'm using an ACT Heavy Duty Organic S14 clutch kit combined with the standard S15 dual mass fly. It's rated to 360 ft/lbs and holds my torque with ease, especially compared to the stock clutch. I really like it as it's smooth and quiet like the stock clutch, plus the pedal isn't stupidly heavy either but it bites 10 times better.

I didn't bother with the injectors or AFM as, like Dean said, you don't need to do them at this stage as the turbo will be the initial limiting factor. My injectors only reach around 85-90% duty at full boost in high gears, but some people are nearly maxing them out at the same boost. Not too sure why, unless that Redex injector cleaner stuff actually does something..? One thing to DEFINATLY take into consideration would be to uprate the brakes too if you haven't already done so.

Hope that helps mate :)

Reaction score
Good Info!

thanks for the help..

il have alook into the clutch + oil and yeah pads need to be addressed also, looking at some ferodo ds2500 and not sure on rears.

or was also thinking of just some yellow stuff pads front and rear as i have heard soe good things of how they perform and also there quite a saving on the ferodo.

Reaction score
Jez Horsham custom mapped my car on the road. It was modded to stage 2a + GT28RS.

As for the clutch, I'm using an ACT Heavy Duty Organic S14 clutch kit combined with the standard S15 dual mass fly. It's rated to 360 ft/lbs and holds my torque with ease, especially compared to the stock clutch. I really like it as it's smooth and quiet like the stock clutch, plus the pedal isn't stupidly heavy either but it bites 10 times better.

:)
is this the type of clutch http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACT-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or theres this but might be a bit heavy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACT-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

i assume s14 brake pads fit a s15? saw this little package
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/200SX-S14-BRA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45ef3ead36

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm going for 555cc injectors as I like to play on the safe side... looking at 350 bhp once I get tubby and AFM sorted. Also, I'm not paying Ni$mo prices and was chatting to good mate Keith who works in FIA GT racing prepping Porsche race cars etc. He also tunes and runs his very own 600 bhp R34 GTR. He says there's no need to get Ni$mo injectors as the likes of Bosch or other brands are used in racing and do the same job for much less the price so I'll be speaking to him more about this :)

For some reason my mapper did not want to go past 0.9 bar and kept max power to 250 bhp because he was worried the injectors were starting to max out (maybe mine are slightly blocked or fouling up??)... so it's a good idea to upgrade before I try a remap again and get boost to 1.2 bar. However, even with remap and all the cooling/exhaust mods, I'm getting +50 bhp and +60 lb ft torque in the mid-range and you can deffo feel the difference!!! Coupled with the Gizzmo boost controller there's more urgency in the stock tubby and similar to what Craig says, the only major issue now is with no top end power, she accelerates nice but totally runs out of puff past 5,500 rmp :(

Also I'd deffo recommend getting the rear pads upgraded. For one, if you want to play with the wand when drifting stock pads - forget it lol!! Also getting proper brake balance with good sets of front/rear pads is a good move as well...

J

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
I'm going for 555cc injectors as I like to play on the safe side... looking at 350 bhp once I get tubby and AFM sorted. Also, I'm not paying Ni$mo prices and was chatting to good mate Keith who works in FIA GT racing prepping Porsche race cars etc. He also tunes and runs his very own 600 bhp R34 GTR. He says there's no need to get Ni$mo injectors as the likes of Bosch or other brands are used in racing and do the same job for much less the price so I'll be speaking to him more about this :)

For some reason my mapper did not want to go past 0.9 bar and kept max power to 250 bhp because he was worried the injectors were starting to max out (maybe mine are slightly blocked or fouling up??)... so it's a good idea to upgrade before I try a remap again and get boost to 1.2 bar. However, even with remap and all the cooling/exhaust mods, I'm getting +50 bhp and +60 lb ft torque in the mid-range and you can deffo feel the difference!!! Coupled with the Gizzmo boost controller there's more urgency in the stock tubby and similar to what Craig says, the only major issue now is with no top end power, she accelerates nice but totally runs out of puff past 5,500 rmp :(

Also I'd deffo recommend getting the rear pads upgraded. For one, if you want to play with the wand when drifting stock pads - forget it lol!! Also getting proper brake balance with good sets of front/rear pads is a good move as well...

J
mate i'd definitely strengthen the top end up with a set of head bolts and mhg if you are having a new tubby fitted - knocking the nuts off it skidding cant do it much good.......

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Are these the ARP bolts that a lot of people seem to upgrade with? Also is HKS the best MHG to get?

Thanks for the tip mate - TBH when I get the new tubby (probs a GT2871 .64 trim) I'll also be looking to get engine work done at the same time so Tomei Poncams with rocker stoppers etc... be good to sort out the head bolts and MHG as you say :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i went for arp stud and nuts and a tomei gasket.....mazworx now do a head set thats meant to be good, and gasket is a matter of choice.....cometic is meant to be the worst of them.

Reaction score
Nice1 mate - will get onto this as soon as I'm moving onto this area of modding work lol :D
DO IT DO IT DO IT mate..

poncams, Thicker MHG and Arp bolts plus a better tubby.. would be insane..

id go this route if i could afford, what sort of power could you run on this setup 400bhp ish?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
DO IT DO IT DO IT mate..

poncams, Thicker MHG and Arp bolts plus a better tubby.. would be insane..

id go this route if i could afford, what sort of power could you run on this setup 400bhp ish?
its more than possible, i run that exact setup and am running a solid 357/345 but theres a fair bit more in her, its mapped to run fairly rich for safety. gearbox would definitely not like 400hp for very long.....i'm running 1.3 bar but i reckon it will just about flow for 400 at about 1.6 and the fuelling would need leaning off and maybe advance the timing a little but 1.6 on a 2871r would have pretty mental results. sod those big turbos that make 450hp from 6krpm and up, the 2871r is definitely very well matched to the sr in terms of lag vs outright power and torque :)