What's new

Handbrake Lamp coming on?

Reaction score
I have just been driving around and my handbrake light has come on its dim and does not stay on all the time but its getting more regular, is this a warning lamp for anything else.Its not as bright as when you put the handbrake on but its there all the same. Any ideas guys.

Reaction score
Rear pads are new well 5months old replaced for MOT but there is no electrical connection for the rear pads anyway.

Sometimes it stays on now and other times it flickers really strange this fault

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Check the switch at the handbrake, that would be the first palce to look. Maybe there is a wire loose

Reaction score
Website
www.littleknocks.co.uk
Rear pads are new well 5months old replaced for MOT but there is no electrical connection for the rear pads anyway.

Sometimes it stays on now and other times it flickers really strange this fault
I didn't think there was a electrical connection on the pads, I thought it worked by sensing when the brake fluid was low due to it being used to push the pads right out. I though the sensor was in the resvoir.

Reaction score
LK Drifter thanks I will check the reservoir level and david I will check the wiring thanks for your assistance will let you know if its any of these problems :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I reckon its low fluid level too, but if it is have a look around for leaks, just incase

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep i would vote too for the brake fluid being low... i had this a while back turned out i had a leak on one of the brake lines..

Reaction score
I think it must have been the float level because I checked everything you guys suggested and it was still on but I must have done something whilst I was checking because its gone out now. Strange. Cheers anyway your suggestions worked:thumbs: