What's new

Hello from Ireland

A

Alan C

Hello,I am just posting this because I have been looking around for a s15 spec s to buy for awhile and I think I have found a couple that I might buy but before I do I was wondering if anyone had any tips on any questions I should ask or anything I should look for when I go to look at the car.Any sugestions much appretiated and I look forward to driving a s15 soon!!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Welcome to the club Alan :thumbs: Bring a mechanic with you to confirm that the engine / box / diff are all healthy, otherwise the S is the same as any other S-body so look out for repaired crash damage & rust!

Unfortunately there are quite a few that have had a tip of some shape or form so look for any signs of repair generally at both rear quarters (check for structural damage around both rear arches and in the spare wheel well). Rust isn't a major issue with Jap imported s-bodies but they do grit the roads here now too so look under the cills and arches for rust... I undersealed mine when I got it for some peace of mind but not everybody does....

Don't let me put you off though, I owned my spec S for nearly 2.5 years and loved every minute of it :D