What's new

Hello from the frozen north...

Reaction score
Country
Hello guys,

Instead of working, I've been poking around this site looking at various thread!:rotfl:

The names Matt and I plan to be a S15 owner the minute they are legal for use in Canada. I had a S13 that I had to part ways with because I had to pay for school. Now that I've finished I've been saving my pennies to buy a house and fund a future project.

I plan to be here for the long hall.

Now I seriously have to do some work or my boss WILL have my head...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Welcome :wave:
Is it 10 or 15 years old the cars need to be to be imported in Canada?
If it's 10 I suspect that there will be some S15 inbound pretty soon :)

Reaction score
Country
Well unfortunately they changed the rules around so now it's 15 :cry:

It sucks but I'm down to wait. I'm going to take the down time to stock up on parts (I've already started) and save up.

subzero

Reaction score
can you not just buy one and use it on track in canada ?? id be fair sickened if they had them kinda rules over here.

anywho's welcome along .

Reaction score
Country
You can't get them over here to even track it (I've checked HAHA). I know of a few that are here illegally (as well as a few R34's), but the hassle is not worth it. So with that I will have to wait it out.

I've already bought a few parts and the next bits I'm going to buy are going to be suspension pieces.

Reaction score
Country
You can't get them over here to even track it (I've checked HAHA). I know of a few that are here illegally (as well as a few R34's), but the hassle is not worth it. So with that I will have to wait it out.

I've already bought a few parts and the next bits I'm going to buy are going to be suspension pieces.
Welcome to the club! What part of Canada are you from?

The last time I started buying parts for a car I didn't own yet was for a honda integra dc5 type r... now a garage full of parts and 5 years later...:no:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
thats the daftest law iv ever heard.. what a load of crap. ¬_¬ Do canada even make cars?

Welcome to the club mate, Sucks to be there by the sounds of it.. if your into the Import car scene imo

Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the club! What part of Canada are you from?

The last time I started buying parts for a car I didn't own yet was for a honda integra dc5 type r... now a garage full of parts and 5 years later...:no:
I'm living just outside of Toronto (in the suburbs). Nice to hear that I'm not the only one patiently waiting...:nod:

thats the daftest law iv ever heard.. what a load of crap. ¬_¬ Do canada even make cars?

Welcome to the club mate, Sucks to be there by the sounds of it.. if your into the Import car scene imo
Well it's weird, the law used to be 10 years, but there was such a increase in import RHD car sales, that the government decided that it might be dangerous. Thus the new 15 year rule. It sucks that it was around the same time I finished school and am more financially stable to buy it...

Oh well, I guess it will work out for me since I can collect parts and once it arrives, I can mod it right out of the gate...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yeah thats true however i fail to understand why its more dangerous? Is it due to you guys driving on the wrong side of the road? I would imagine over taking cars would be an issue.. although, In a car like a Spec R it wouldnt.. ;) :p lol.

Reaction score
Country
I just wanted to update this thread to say that after all of these years....

...I'm officially an S15 owner! :thumbs: I stuck to the plan and kept saving and buying car bits as the time passed.

I started the auction process a few months ago, and I finally found a grade 4 Spec R that fit my criteria. I won the auction, and now the car will be stored in Japan till this December. Then it's placed on the slow boat to Canada. It's a January build, so I think I might be one of the first to own on in Canada (though I won't be driving it in the dead of winter).

Reaction score
Country
Congrats on getting finally your hands on a S15, grade 4 sounds promising, hope you make some pictures as soon as it arrives. :D

Reaction score
Country
I guess I should update this thread huh?

Funny to see that I started this thread way back in 2009... Time sure does fly (when you look back at the whole process).

It's finally landed in Canada, and I've been enjoying every minute of it (that I get to drive anyways).

I'll be poking about more then usual here, since I actually have it :)