What's new

HELP PLEASE!!!

P

PhilV

can sumone help me?

I live in jersey in the channel islands, uk and here because the DVS (vehicle standards/registrations) people are idiots we need to have e-marked lights in our cars!!!

if you haven't seen it before u can see it on more standard cards, if u look on top of thew ehadlight of a car its an E inside a circle (european approved), part of the light glass!

anyways I am buying a nissan silvia s15 import but if it doesn't have these lights (which it obviously wont) i need tog et some or I can never get it registered, does anyone know of where i could get S15 lights from? or even made specially? and shipped to uk if out of here.

thank you!!! :cry:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Hi Phil and welcome :wave:

I'm sorry but I don't think you are going to find any E marked units. As I'm sure you know, the S15 was never sold in Europe. As such, Nissan never paid for any type approval for any S15 specific parts, such as the headlights, etc. It is for this reason that it has to pass the ESVA test in the UK. VOSA obviously aren't as anal as your Jersey lot though.. :(

P

PhilV

hello and thanks for the welcome!

yeah thats what I figure would be the reply....shit!

ah i dunno what to do, I always wanted an s15!!! i can't let it slip through ym fingers!

but surely there are people with s15's in europe...hmmm there msut be some sort of work around or somewhere that makes lights for them light for those s14 to s14 headlight covnertions and what not?

anyone that can help please let me know any info!

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Hi phil :wave:

welcome to the club.

Cant you get it ESVA'd in uk and register it in uk some way,
then drive it to jersey.

i'm sure theres guys over here who registerd their cars over yours to get the black plates[ not s15s ]

not sure if you can do what i said but was just an idea.

kimi x

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Is the problem just the beam pattern? If so, its not much of an issue for RHD countries. The beam is nearly flat.

All of the issues have come with LHD countries. They have now been legalized in Sweden, Norway and Holland. I believe the headlights are hacked...erm...modified slightly :wack:

The beam pattern is certainly not a problem in the UK and Ireland.

I'll make a few enquiries and see if any of the aftermarket units are E marked. I'm not hopeful though...

P

PhilV

thanks man, I REALLY appreciate it, S15 has beena dream car of mine since I first set eyes on them like in 99!

erm I can't register it in UK then drive it voer as even thought Jersey is part of the UK it has its own government and its own laws, any car thats not from Jersey has to do VRD (Vehicle Registration Tests) and things that they fail jap imports for are mainly no e-marked lights and not a strong enough fog light.

P

PhilV

ah I see!

well yeah just need to figure out this thing about the lights? dunno fi theres anywhere that would make them specially for me, my friend had R34 skyline lights doen specially and it cost him 2k for the pair!!!

no thanks for that price! lol

P

PhilV

i just heard from a friend u can get jap lights covnerted in the UK, its to do with the beam pattern apparently!

has anyone got any info on companies that do this?

hmmmm :confused:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi.

make sure the e-marks are the correct one. there are different ones depending one what type of light it is (sidewinkers have on type of e-mark and so on)
The numbers after the E differs.

sidewinkers can probobly be taken from another car. Just have to find something that fits.
You seem to have the rear lights covered.

Does the front lights have to look stock?
If not, just go to a scrapper and find some small headlights which will fit in place of the stock ones.

If it has to look stock you could do a mold of the stock lights and fit an e-aproved light to that. Might work.

That's the best I can do for ya.

I hope it helps.

P

PhilV

ah lucky you! they dont mind rear lights here really, just the headlights so thats what im concerned about

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
A comment someone has made on the thread I started on SXOC

UK model report has to have the paper work that says the Japan spec meets E marked spec.

If they won't let him it's case for the EU courts as they have to accept legally UK registered vehicles SVA approval number as type approval just like the rest of EU does.
Might be worth checking...

Blinx, by all means get the lights, but don't expect them to be E marked. Some HIDs sellers make out that their HIDs are E marked. None are... Plus they look gash... :p

P

PhilV

hmm would this information be with the car manual or what? haven't got a clue! lol

but my friend just registered his Jap Import Integra DC5 and it got through ok, not a single problem! so maybe its only certain lights that cause an issue?

hopefully silvia lights not being one of them

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I would speak to the vehicle inspectors and see what conforms and what doesn't. I'd mention that the lights have met the UK ESVA test standards - meaning that they conform to EU type approval. If necessary, we can take a photo of the beam pattern.