What's new

High mileage question

I

ibizatom

Got a quick question about high mileage with the S15

Been having a look around and with the price I am looking to spend £8k (if I can get that for my current car) they seem to have high mileage. Is this going to be much of an issues with these cars or are the the engines built like tanks?

Any help would be great. :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember these are imports so some of the mileage is in kms not miles, the owner should know how many kms it did before it was converted, I have a certificate, which came with mine for example.

Also like with all cars if it's been looked after it's not an issue, you can generally tell how a cars been owned by the look, doing the basic checks of he car and the paperwork they have..

The sr20 engines are meant to be very reliable too..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
like Jordan said, if you can tell its been well looked after then I wouldn't worry about the milage. I would rather have a well looked after one with 100k on the clock, than one that hasn't been with 60k..

I

ibizatom

Cool, thanks for the info.

I know the Supra engines are killer. Made ready from factory for around 600bhp, yet tuned down to 350bhp standard for reliability.

That's good because I have found a few but have around 100,000 either miles or KM on the clock, need to double check the add. I have never owned a car over 70k on the clock, with my current 2007 car on 41k now. :/

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i looked for a low mileage example, but i would buy on condition at the end of the day.....

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Mileage means nothing unless there is endless amounts of paperwork to proove it and like has been mentioned already, the car is actually in good condition. It takes 2 mins to change the odometer to read anyting you like if you have the kit to do it so paperwork is crucial to proove it.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
TBH the main two importers highly recommended on here are: JM-Imports (got my Stagea from Jurgen) and Torque GT (got my previous S15 from Mike)... you can't go wrong with these fellas :)

I would say as a rule of thumb one with a lot of engine tuning must be carefully eyeballed and considered as you simply don't know how well it's been done in Japan which is why standard or near standard ones are worth just as much as highly tuned ones IMO :wack: The common misconception is that the JDM is cool and displays awesomeness but in reality some owners are just as likely to cut corners and bodge jobs as they are here in the UK lol.....

The importance is reliable imported who uses reliable sources and common sense like the old addage 'if it's too good to be trye... then it is!!' :thumbs: