What's new

I hate my head!

J

Jono

No - not the one on my neck... that's not nearly as bad as the Kenwood in my S15 :D

Seriously, apart from it being a bit of a biaatch to operate settings etc. I find the CD player skips an awful lot. Now I've cleaned the CD player lense and tried a brand new disc in the player and it still skips... I guess it's just very sensitive?

So I was thinking of putting a double din unit back in place of the two linked units I have in place. Would you guys recommend this? I think they look better in the dash too.

Saw these on Ebay - what do you reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINE-MDA-W9...ryZ39755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-DPX-7...ryZ39760QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-Xplod-CD...ryZ39763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

J

Jono

Yeah... thanks! but no thanks! ;)

I just bought the car remember!!! :D

K

kieran

kenwood have just released a new doubledin unit to the uk for jap vehicles, i believe it will retail at around ?350 and will be a cd tuner which will be ipod ready (require adition parts to operate) :thumbs:

A

Autech_NZ

I have a similar issue at the moment, but i just have a big double din hole in the dash :(

guy i bought it off kept all his audio gear.

I am planning the possibly long and expensive route of a carputer seen here www.mp3car.com
basically you get a cheap pentium 1 2 or 3 a powersupply to convert dc to dc from car to house voltages, and a lcd monitor or touch screen. then you store all your media on a harddrive and use the soundcard instead of a headunit.

the bonus is you can add backing cameras, and sat nav and internet etc if you have the $$.

I dont have the $$ so will start with a screen + small comp and then add to that.

just some food for thought.

A

Albert

And I want to make my "Computer project":
computer in rear seats and 2din TV with touchscreen...and a small keyboard...
mp3, dvd, gps, wi-fi and e.c. ;-)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Computer idea looks good, but i dont see the point :no: think off all the added weight.......... :D

J

Jono

and additional ???'s.

The bloke selling the Ebay links above obviosuly decided they weren't bid high enough so has stopped the listings and re-listed them again... a bit harsh! Why put 99p start with no reserve but then blatently do that? Should just put a reserve on and stop messing people around. :mad:

(And I don't want to pay the ?250 buy it now price... that's too much for a used system IMHO.)

A

Albert

Topper said:
Computer idea looks good, but i dont see the point :no: think off all the added weight.......... :D
Not to much weight. Stop eat in Macdonalds and it will be ok :rotfl: :D
Just TV and computer (or laptop) and transformer from 12V to 220V. I saw this project in a car of my frend (Nissan Skyline R33 - 500hp + NOS 150hp) and it looks very good!!!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Bit too flashy for me, but :thumbs: Hope you don't get lowlife testing your side windows like one of the S15 guys on SXOC (not on here). Had a hell of a job getting a replacment...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That DOES look the nads, though oddly reminiscent of a pair of binoculars... I prefer to have the option to fit other things in the other slot. :)