What's new

Initial Checklist

D

Dawgg

I should be getting my S15 Spec R in the next week or so. After reading these forums, i am making a checklist of what i need to do when the car arrives.

I have read some stuff about fuelling, do i need to have the car re-mapped for uk fuels?

I know that i should change all oils and flush where required, and replace or clean filters.

Is there anything else that need to check such as the timing chain (car has done about 95k km)?

I have an initial concern with the gearbox circlip but if the car is not going to be tuned to any great degree should I still look into having the gearbox internals modified? (or just get a good warranty package?)

Is there anything else I should check when the car arrives?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I asked in your introduction thread, but, Where you buying it from?

I would recomend paying for a AA/RAC check to make sure everything is fine. I found (after a 1500mile drive home) a few bolts missing..... I could of benifited from having it checked over prior to accepting the keys.

Reaction score
Country
Change tyres and tracking perhaps ? The Jap tyres tend to be very s***e and not a good idea to learn you car on.

D

Dawgg

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :).

As far a fuel goes, are octane boosters reliable and if i can get 99 octane fuel i wont need a remap, is that correct?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
No, you should have the car mapped for the fuel you are going to use, also, there is a likelyhood that you will want to up the boost at some stage, you cant go above 0.8bar untill you have a remap.

You could probably be ok running 99RON fuel without a remap, buts its much better knowing everything is fine. :)