What's new

Installing a Greddy Oil Filer Relocation kit

D

Dizz

i must admit those kits look cool,but ive never had a problem with the filter where it is, the fact theres a location kit suggests that its caused a lot of people hassle, but i find it quite easy to get to and change....:)
Not really, my old chaser had a HKS relocation kit & cooler even though the filter was in a fine place as it was. They're really just meant for race use where you can get at it with no messing in between races etc. Also handy for plumbing in gauges tho lol :D

V

vti_coupw

i must admit those kits look cool,but ive never had a problem with the filter where it is, the fact theres a location kit suggests that its caused a lot of people hassle, but i find it quite easy to get to and change....:)

do you hav lil gook hands? lol i tried reaching it yesterday and its near impossible from the top, havent tried from under the car

subzero

Reaction score
any joy with the fitting yet man? im mad too see how it looks, also was it hard to fit?? the usual begginer q's hehe
not yet, next weekend dude, ill take a few snaps while doing it. i need oil first ....

the reason i got this kit was coz i have defis to install and the oil piece alone was 80 yoyos before shipping .

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
do you hav lil gook hands? lol i tried reaching it yesterday and its near impossible from the top, havent tried from under the car
normal sized hands mate, im right handed but use my left to get to the filter. as i have an fmic and recirc i havent got the standard dv pipework in the way or the boost sensor for the stock gauge. mine also has a sandwich plate fitted so the filters further forward and even easier to get at.......i just fold some paper towels and put them underneath, then do the change. hardly spills a drop

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
normal sized hands mate, im right handed but use my left to get to the filter. as i have an fmic and recirc i havent got the standard dv pipework in the way or the boost sensor for the stock gauge. mine also has a sandwich plate fitted so the filters further forward and even easier to get at.......i just fold some paper towels and put them underneath, then do the change. hardly spills a drop
I think the sandwich plate makes the filter change much easier. I had a very hard time getting a good grip on it with my hands without a sandwhich plate. When I fitted one it was much easier to get to.
I also think that experience has a great deal to do with it. The first time i tried to change the filter it was pretty close to impossible. When I installed my oil coooler kit a couple of years later, I had no problems reaching it, and I also managed to pry all kinds of tools down there. polygrips, wrenches, you name it lol.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i agree mate, the first change was a little bit of a pain but the filter was on too tight. once i'd fitted one, the ones since came off easily. i actually think that the sandwich plate makes a neater job of fitting gauge sensors as they are tucked away out of sight and you havent got the kit with two sensors sticking out, two sets of wires and four hoses on the suspension turret in clear view.....i've thought about getting a relocation kit and fitting it where the bottom half of the washer bottle goes in the recess behind the front bumper, still easily accesible, with a bit of added cooling without the trouble of fitting an oil cooler. the oil would be cooled a little as it passes through the filter.....

Last edited:

subzero

Reaction score
fitted this bad boy today ....

this is what the kit looks like ....

bracket to hold the filter in its new position and the hose clamps ( which to be honest are crap, look nice but one of mine wouldn't tighten so used two better clips instead down where it connects to the engine - cant risk a leak here as it may not be that visible)

one side connects to where the filter originally was ... hard to see but youll get the idea ...

the gold bit is my oil temp sensor......

filter bolted into new position - you can see my oil pressure sensor here too.

subzero

Reaction score
will do man just those normal jubilee jobbies?
yup , i used two we had in the garage for where it connects to the engine as there harder to see a leak later on. chanced the blue ones up top and have been keeping an eye on it.

you'll need 4L of oil too .