What's new

Interior cabin 'air/pollen filters'?

Reaction score
Country
Does anyone know if there is an air filter or pollen filter (for the blowers), and where it is? my blowers smell stale and i'm looking to resolve this.. I heard there is an aircon one behind the glove box somewhere, but the a/c smells fine. its just standard blowers that smell nasty..

Cheers :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Drop the glove box mate, there is a little metal clip behind it and if you release it the filter can be slid out. There is a piece of plastic across the bottom of the dash that stops you removing it but this must be cut out - there are lines at each end where to cut, it's just excess plastic and is meant to be removed (if it's still there that is) ;)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If it's still there it means your pollen filter has never been changed. Yuck!

Reaction score
Country
you should see if you can do a group buy as there must be a number of people that would want to change thiers, and save on postage as it will cost about as much to buy one as it will to ship it

Reaction score
Country
you should see if you can do a group buy as there must be a number of people that would want to change thiers, and save on postage as it will cost about as much to buy one as it will to ship it
Good idea. I'll speak to Nissan later when i get mine out and see what they're willing to offer :)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I'd be interested if there's a saving, not checked mine but cant imagine it's been changed recently.

Reaction score
Country
Just got mine out (without cutting the plastic!, you can pull the plastic bar down just enough to slide the filter out without cutting it), and mine was disgusting. cleaned it now, just letting it dry. I'm going to call Nissan now and see what sort of deal they can do!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Right, Ni$$an wont do a bulk buy discount.

So the cost of a replacement for anyone who is thinking about changing theirs is £50.48 + VAT, which at present equates to £60.58.
There is also a lead time of 3 weeks at present.

That's a lot for a bloody filter!

Reaction score
Country
Lol, then you have to wait 3 months for a little Japanese guy to swim it over to the uk.. s15 specific bits are silly money, i'l try get a trade cost out of interest

Reaction score
Country
You wont be able to bulk buy discount from Nissan what i meant was contact somewhere like RHD or Nengun and ask them, as Nissan UK will have to post them over anyway and will just tell you "this is the price" where as the other guys will most likely get them cheaper being in japan, put it this way a stock S14 FW bolt here in NZ is $26 from Nissan NZ, get RHD to get you the same part from Nissan in japan and the price is $6.50 each and they are still buying from nissan in japan putting a mark up on and re selling and if you buy heaps at once they will combine postage, unlike you local nissan outlet will.

Reaction score
Country
What are these filters made of IE is it possible to wash and replace??????:thumbs:
you can wash them once, and that will get rid of %80 of the grit, and will get rid of the old manky smell, but they still look black as, so for the cost and they fact that you will probably only do it once just get a new one its like one of those every 50000k jobs. If you drive in a dirty smoggy city then maybe more

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Gonna have a look at mine on the weekend I think. Not paying those Nissan prices though, that's just stupid for what it is.

If you do contact RHDJapan or Nengun and they will do a better deal I'm in.

Reaction score
Country
i got mine locally as someone did a bulk buy, cost me $40 NZD which at the moment is bout 20GBP

Reaction score
Mine cost me $50 AUD which is 34 pounds. It's not really an item you need to buy regularly so it was well worth it when I saw and smelt my old one which had been in for about 9 years.