What's new

Is the resession global??

J

jonny b

well guys just wondering from a few of the members who live outside ireland,is threr country in a recession too,as ireland at the minute is in a devestating state,nearly 20% of the country are unemployed as far as i know.i myself am only working 3 days..:( hence i have plenty of time to spend on the site:)

Reaction score
We are stumbling but not too bad compared to UK and the US. Our unemployment is up to 4.8%,but interest rates are down and petrol is a lot cheaper than a year ago. The Banks here have not gone to the wall like in the Northern Hemisphere.
People are still getting on with life. Cafe's,pubs and restaurants all seem to be busy in Sydney ATM :) :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I think you'll find that, due to knock-on, just about every country is being affected. Including Japan and China :eek: When Jap car manufacturers start losing money you know things are bad... The UK is up crap creek thanks to years of the government letting banks be self-regulated...

G

gunner93

My company business (a German multi-national) is down 30% similarly with most other heavy building materials businesses. Unemployment mostly related to electronic exporting manufacturing companies is now close to 30,000 and climbing. I heard over the radio this morning Government is revising the 2nd qtr growth down to -5% which would very likely be a technical recession. sigh...

Last edited:
G

Ger Keane

True canada is the only country doing well at the moment ??
The Canadians are too stoned to realise there is a recession going on!!
Well thats the story here on the west coast anyway.
No problem picking up a job here at all

Reaction score
Country
over here in japan, it's hitting us pretty hard. my brother-in-law worked for Sony, and my sister-in-law worked for Toyota... but of them got laid off a few months ago... another good buddy of mine was a computer programmer for sony, went for riches to rags. as for me, i might not make much, but the chances of getting laid off is slim to none. :thumbs: