What's new

Open Event: JAE 2011 - Wicksteed Park - 9th, 10th, 11th September

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Im determined that we make this event.

This comment by Craig got me thinking:

This may sound daft Darren, but how will the JAE guys know how many cars are coming? Well, until we actually get there and theres 5 of us!..?

Your right they wont as a ticket is a ticket at this stage.

So we currently have 8 tickets sold, and possibly another two on the table, so we do have 10 tickets almost.

If people have friends who want to join us then Im happy as long as this gets us to JAE.

But I would like to get some more S15s on the club stand too as this is the whole point of it...

Im not going to give up, and will extend payments until Monday 22nd August, just gives me less time to get it all sent off and organised.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Also Ive just read the JAE application form again, and its 10 club bookings and not cars, so as long as we sell 10 tickets its all good :nod:

Just to clarify this event is very much still happening for the S15OC now :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Excellent work Darren. I know it can be a bit trying, but I would like to say a big thanks on behalf of the admins of S15OC.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Come on guys I need payments made by the end of tomorrow, not had any more tickets confirmed yet :(

Lets make this happen... :cool:

B9NKO

Reaction score
Hi Darren im definately going to be at JAE but my car will be on my mates trade stand, if you are still struggling for numbers, I don't mind paying just to make this happen, let me know and I can send you the money, I won't have to pay twice as I've already got a free ticket for me!!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I have another mate confirmed for a ticket now if its not too late? If not will pay on the door..

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
My tickets will be up for grabs :( I just can't fit all the stuff I have to do into September.....

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
So currently we only have 8 tickets sold with about 4 cars.

Pretty poor really.

So given that payments must be with JAE for the 1st September Im not sure this will even be happening now guys.

Bit of a shame but not much I can do, guess I'll get refunds out to everyone who has paid, and a waste of £50 the club had contributed from Craigs group buys.

Sorry to all those who have paid already, doubt I'll bother to organise this again this year given the poor response this year.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
If my tickets are a deal breaker then you can keep hold of the money mate, I don't want to be responsible for not being able to go....

Reaction score
Country
Dont think that really matters now. Its the cars we need not the people. 4 cars on a club stand is shamefull! i dont think i have ever been with a club with so little interest for events like this. This is the biggest japenese car event of the year i would have thought this would be painted on the calender for all japenese car lovers. Not sure what SXOC is doing regarding JAE i think i might try and get on there stand if this isnt going to happen for S15OC :annoyed: Im am sure im not the only one but i have put quite a lot of time,effort and money into getting the car to a resonable standard for this show :down:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
How do you think I feel mate. I've spent almost a year sorting my car and it's still not 100%, now I've got a funeral next weekend and am going on holiday this month too, missus is now pregnant and has decided she didn't want to camp out and I'm in the middle of trying to sort a gearbox conversion - obviously work is still going on in the background of all this. I'd of loved to go and even booked the weekend off but no matter what the excuse the fact is in the broad scheme of things this is the easiest thing to drop off the calendar... I'm not happy about it and love attending club things but this year I haven't been able to for various reasons :(

Reaction score
Country
I hope you don't think that was directed at yourself Dean. From the start there was never much interest and even less when Darren started trying to get the money together.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
No mate it just seemed that me pulling out was the final push to cancelling as the numbers were no longer viable :( I feel a bit bad about it... I know Darren has been really busy too so not able to come on all the time to constantly garner interest which it seems these things must need....

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Dean dont feel responsible about it at all mate.

Even with you coming we have a shameful attendance.

The SXOC are still going this year, but doubt Ill go now as it won't be the same.

Sadly I've been really busy with my house that I've only moved in to about 6 weeks ago so I've not had the time to invest here.

Real shame guys sorry I could not make this happen again for us.