Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - "Yuki"

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Excited to see both cars st japfest ! Likewise if I'm next to the car or that come say hello for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aww and likewise be great to see yours in the flesh and not just on instagram and fb haha ;) Also marks yellow one will be there so there will be some proper lovely examples on show :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
So, after the ball ache of trying to find somewhere in the UK that would refurb my wheels to my requirements (apparently no one will touch stainless bands across the whole of the UK lol, and no one wants to powdercoat parts of a wheel because its "too much work"!) I managed to find 2 separate local companies who will do what I want - I was going to wait until end of show season when I won't miss her so much being off the road a couple weeks - after all I havent had her long and I want to make the most of every weekend I get with her, but with JapFest looming and the wheels really being the only thing letting her down, I decided to try and get them done before her first big show!

So, my little lady has been taken round to the Mother in laws (wider drive so easier to get 4 axle stands under her!) and her wheels came off last night, tyres coming off tonight, and then I will drop the wheels round to the metal polishers Friday. Hopefully he can do it in the first part of next week, and then they will be dropped around to the body shop for part 2 which fingers crossed will be completed with enough time to get back to the tyre place and then the wheels can go back on and all in time for JapFest............ ! Fingers crossed!!!! :)

I am also about to purchase some Rays centre caps too, managed to find another UK company so they should arrive in good time too :)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Sounds like it sorted now but did you know of these guys?
http://www.lepsons.com
Honestly I'm not sure, I recognise the contact info form but to be fair most further afield companies I contacted used the same form... The problem seemed to be that where I could find someone who polished AND powdercoated (most only diamond cut) no one would Polish a stainless band and you can't get replacement bands! Damn Rays haha!

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine are polished diamond cut edges. I have Rota GTR's. The faces on mine are painted and then the whole lot is lacquered. They did an excellent job on mine. Only problem is they are only in Gillingham or Swindon.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Mine are polished diamond cut edges. I have Rota GTR's. The faces on mine are painted and then the whole lot is lacquered. They did an excellent job on mine. Only problem is they are only in Gillingham or Swindon.
Distance wasn't a problem as I could have arranged a courier for the right place :) I was told mine couldn't be diamond cut because of the steel band :( They really have been an ass to sort lol and if I didn't like them so much I'd have sold them and found another lightweight wheel instead!

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I think most wheel places send onto Lepsons from what I heard. But like I said it's good to find and use local guys where you can.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Fair enough. I think most wheel places send onto Lepsons from what I heard. But like I said it's good to find and use local guys where you can.
Thought I would try Lepsons anyway just out of curiosity - they don't think they could polish my steel bands!

Anyway, whilst I wait for the wheels to return, I ordered some centre caps! I thought they were sold as singles, however they were actually pairs! D'oh!
So if anyone needs any get in touch by Friday, if not I will return them but feel it would be most helpful to offer them here first (for sale thread in the for sale section with price and details :) )

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Soooo... with 2 weeks to go until Japfest I thought my wheels would have been done in plenty of time for a post before Japfest, but no! The 3-4 days max turned into 15 days, and I got the call that they were now finished half an hour before the last tyre fitters shut on Saturday evening! However, despite the stress I am super pleased with how they have turned out! I haven't seen many of the 57pros gramlights on any S15s, and I certainly won't see any looking like this!! :D :D :D

The weekend before Japfest I also painted my calipers - after much thought and photoshopping I finally settled for blue - I will paint the Nissan white (I have the paint ready lol!) But with this freak weather we have been having its been too cold to do that last little touch :(

Anyway, Sunday was also my first proper show with Yuki! It was freaking bitter but still a blast! There were only the 3 of us there, but Yuki loved meeting other S15s and spending the day chatting to them ... :p

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
New goody arrived last week thanks to Sealed Performance ... first of the engine bay bling!
Now the exterior is pretty much how I want it and the interior too, it's time to start looking at the big job under the bonnet (and I dont just mean prettifying!!) :D

And you can see it here beside these group of lads who had no idea what a Silvia was lol :p

She also went to a local high street festival where she joined a local club in the show area - here are some photos :)

Another close up of the wheels, I properly love them haha!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Well this weekend we finally had some nice weather, so after a couple of meets I went and found one of my fav spots for a quick shoot with her whilst she was still shiny and sparkly and the weather was still sunny haha :)

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Looks awesome as always. What's next on cards?

Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero S15

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Had the day off Friday and decided to tackle some jobs under the engine bay. She's pretty damn tidy there really, mostly stock, but I wanted to desperately polish her strut brace and just give a general once over clean under there, after all whites are terrible for showing up the dirt and it always seems to stain so I would rather keep on top of it!
I only had some 2000grit wet n dry on me so I tried my luck with that - and it worked a treat, so pleased as I couldn't be bothered to have to go out and buy more haha!
The photo below shows her brace as it was, then after the sanding, then a half and half after autosol-ing, then the final fully autosol-ed brace!
I will be getting the ends powdercoated (they are currently painted) but waiting to send a batch of stuff in over the winter when I shan't be using her so much :)

On Sunday I went along with a local car club who had organised a charity event for our neonatal services in Stoke. More to support the cause than anything I paid the extra to enter the show and shine - amazingly Yuki came second!! There was some strong competition, and from some very nice cars too so I am well chuffed :)

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Excellent! I admire your passion for all things S15. Something I'm lacking at the moment.