Loose and twitchy suspension

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've notice over the last couple of days that my suspension hasn't felt right. I thought at first that my tyres were down, but they were fine. They've got plenty of rubber too.

This morning its much more noticable. The car feels wallowy and twitchy. It feels as though the back end is going to jump out without very much provacation (more than usual :p ). In fact it jumped out on a particular roundabout which it been consistently grippy on, and without much power.

Ideas?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Hmm. Bren's doing some replacements at the mo. Could get some just to be safe. I've had Whiteline ARBs fitted a few months, so unlikely to be them.

Could a shock be on it way out? Got coilovers sat under my desk waiting to be fitted...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I know. :rolleyes: Was wanting to do it at the same time as the wheels though.

Going to have to have a mega suspension fitting weekend methinks. Apex Coilovers, Tein Pillowball Tension Rods, Cusco Rear Camber Arms and I've just ordered a set of Driftworks' poly subframe bushes...

M

Meddy

Just had another thought after reading your post on SXOC, you havent dropped into a big pot hole and knocked your geometry out have you. Mine behaved very oddly a few months back and it turned that was the cause. BEst way I can describe it would be driving on casters.

Anyway I guess if you bung the coilovers et al you'll be getting the geometry done then anyway. Weathers going to be good this weekend so youve got no excuses.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Oh, I've got plenty of excuses not to get it done. The biggest one starting with Mrs and ending with Nicely. :p

Got to sort the electrics and get the second seat in on the Hilux tomorrow. That will then avoid me having to drive the S15 everyday. Then I've got the problem of finding somewhere flat to fit the new stuff. Works car park is about the flattest place at the mo...:rolleyes:

Not hit any holes or kerbs lately. Its more a wallow than direction issue.

M

Meddy

Nicely said:
Oh, I've got plenty of excuses not to get it done. The biggest one starting with Mrs and ending with Nicely. :p

Got to sort the electrics and get the second seat in on the Hilux tomorrow. That will then avoid me having to drive the S15 everyday. Then I've got the problem of finding somewhere flat to fit the new stuff. Works car park is about the flattest place at the mo...:rolleyes:

Not hit any holes or kerbs lately. Its more a wallow than direction issue.
Im sure the missus will be too busy cooking the turkey to notice what your up to. :D

If your after somewhere flat you'ld be welcome to come and use my nice warm garage, but it'd be a bit of a trip. :thumbs: :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Forgot to mention we're with the outlaws on the 25th...:rolleyes:

Yeah, was hoping for somewhere closer than Huddersfield... :p
Thats a shame mate :p

I was about to offer you my garage but i guess i'm a bit far :wave: