LuPix's S14a 'The Speed Factory' Track Project :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey peeps!

Sorry I've not been on here in recent months... new position at work, family, kids, photography and now this damn S14a project argghhhh!!! :wack: :D

Anyhoos - took a van plus trailer up to Gav's end of November to bring her back home to my garage!!

Recent pics:

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Slowly getting there!

All the brakes and suspension upgrades are already on the car :) Interior wiring is tidy so another job done. Original aftermarket alarm removed. Aircon removed. Heater matrix and pretty much every major component inside the cabin removed. Dash has been chopped and is ready to go back in.

Fitted the Apex 6-point cage in myself just before Christmas... was not a nice job doing it on my own lol :wack:

Just getting the little bits like gaskets and studs/nuts on order so I can put the complete 3" elbow/downpipe/decat system together. Can you believe Ni$$an wanted over £70 for the 5 studs that attach the turbo to the elbow WTF??!! Will be sourcing these elsewhere!!

Currently attempting to fit Apex race spec engine mounts but one of the nuts has rounded so I've ended up trying to grind it down with a Dremmel as it's the only tool small enough to get in there (this is the engine mount nut just under the oil filter mounting point!!

Once the engine and box mounts are on the car, I can start doing more fun things like the Speedflow oil cooler/filter relocation kit :D

James

Last edited:
S

S15 SILVIA

Hey James. Long time no see.
Glad things are going well for you. House, work etc.
Car looks great too. When do you plan on having it ready for its hard life? :)
Also how's the altezza?
Mike

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I sold mine, seriously just lost intrest in it ripping the front bumper off all the time took its tole after a while lol :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey James. Long time no see.
Glad things are going well for you. House, work etc.
Car looks great too. When do you plan on having it ready for its hard life? :)
Also how's the altezza?
Mike
Hey Mike! Cheers mate - should hopefully be ready for shakedown at Curborough in April. Although the odd small outing in March won't hurt either hehe :)

Just waiting for a new widebody kit to be designed and my 14a will be one of the first to get this put on... watch this space!! ;)

Lex-arse is fine... great daily driver... now complete with yellow tinted headlamps. A mod that only cost me about £3 which was done using brushed on glass paint rather than silly expensive Lamin-X type film. End result the same - you can't tell the difference unless your standing right up against the light units :wack:

I sold mine, seriously just lost intrest in it ripping the front bumper off all the time took its tole after a while lol :wack:
Allan - gutted you sold your project dude :( I do get a bit depressed at the moment working till 2.00am in the morning, freezing my ass off in the garage which has no heating but hey, I'm too addicted to track sessions to let this project go lol :wack:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Nice to see you are still putting in the work, all the best too you :) hope you can get it running for next summer?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice work James. Yours is in a lot better condition than mine! Check the rust!!..

And I've got a trackday booked on 21st Jan!! :/

S

S15 SILVIA

Sh!t Craig!
Dont go crashing her for god sake, it'll crumple up in a pile of dust!
Try and patch her up before your next track session. Don't need to look pretty if it's a track car!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice work James. Yours is in a lot better condition than mine! Check the rust!!..

And I've got a trackday booked on 21st Jan!! :/

Holy crap Craig!! Not nice but I'm sure you'll get it sorted :thumbs: We must catch up soon!!! :)

Nice one, should get yourself on the sxoc weekender next July, should be a good one.
Adam - SXOC weekender is definitely on my list... just need to check dates as I've got loads going on in May with Japfest and Nurburgring 24 Hour Rennen trip (will be meeting up with Benne again!) :D

Thanks for the comments guys... had a real ballache with the O/S engine mount top nut shearing and not being able to get if off with any tools. In the end after hours of grinding with a Dremmel (the only tool that will fit in that area) and using a file :wack:, on 1st Jan 2012, it popped off woohoooo!!!!

The remaining nut/stud you can see above just slipped off with a nudge from my long spanner hehe...

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Small update...

Battery relocation junction box in the engine bay sorted... all neatly bolted to the existing fusebox :)

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers guys - yeah really can't wait to drive her!! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed she'll fire up first time as I'm doing a fair bit of electrical wiring stuff lol?! :wack:

:D :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I chopped my loom up trying to remove the unwanted wires and ended up having to get another one!! :) just don't try and remove NATS! It doesn't like it!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I chopped my loom up trying to remove the unwanted wires and ended up having to get another one!! :) just don't try and remove NATS! It doesn't like it!!
Yeah I didn't quite go as far as you did Craig lol... hope you got it sorted ok :)

I've heard about NATS... definitely won't be removing that as with S14a, the system is properly wired into ECU so everything buggers up if you remove it... unless of course one upgrades to aftermarket ECU ;)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
just keep at it pal, it will be done in no time :) hope you are putting in a passenger seat? I want a rid in it :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers buddy :) Yeah deffo having passenger seat... Bride Vios III ready to go in due course. Ordered a superlow rail from DW which only arrived last week yippee!! :D