What's new

LuPix's S14a 'The Speed Factory' Track Project :p

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, people have tried and failed to de-NATS Almera ECU's! Mines all back up and running now thankfully. I just need to plate the left sill and slap a bit of paint on, then it's done and ready to go again! Next trackday is in 2 weeks :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, definitely! Your S14 should eat my Almera though! Although I have weight on my side! :)

Should be some good battles anyway! Still can't wait to see the S14 too. It looks really smart in the pics. Are you going to leave the exterior standard? I've tinted the rear 3 windows on the almera to keep the weight loss looking as discreet as I can! Poly front windows are now in though which is a bit of a give away! :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers Mr Tooley :)

lol Craig I think weight will deffo be on your side... I just love the fact that the power-to-weight setup on S-bodies is so awesome compared to the bigger Liners and Supras etc. You don't need massive power and your Almera will be even more along these lines :thumbs:

Tinting the windows? I can see you pulling up to Porsches at traffic lights in future just to wind them up haha :D :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Couple more updates:

DW super low passenger seat rail test fitted...

Quick test of the relocation wiring with new battery using... jump leads lol :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Some more progress...

Been spending a few hours trying to put together the oil cooler kit :wack: Came with oil filter relocation as well but I decided for ease of fitting and to reduce the number of damn braided hose connectors I had to fit :annoyed: I could live with the SR filter staying where it usually lives and crack on with just installing the oil cooler section :)

Still found using electrical tape plus junior hacksaw the best way to get a straight cut with no fraying...

-10 AN hoses fitted to sandwich plate...

Testing oil cooler location...

12V demisting units have arrived! Now in process of installing these underneath the cut dash :D

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Good progress James :) can't wait to see it at Japfest. Which track sessions have you booked?

Wish I could be bothered to do a build thread for my Almera like you've done here!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers Craig :) Yeah like Chris says you should deffo put up a build thread for your Almera on here dude!! :D

I'll post which sessions I've booked on the Japfest thread so saves me telling everyone again hehe... be good to see a few others in the same session as me and surely the Almera GT600 will make an appearance?? ;)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
be good to see a few others in the same session as me and surely the Almera GT600 will make an appearance?? ;)
I'm tempted but it's annoyingly expensive!

I love how you pretend this wont happen once the 15's gone!
I've spent weeks working on it now and have done quite a bit - just not bothered doing a thread yet. Still got loads to do tomorrow before its next outing on Saturday! :/

Sorry for hijacking your thread James! Wish I had a RWD track car! :(

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lmao Craig - you know me I don't work on value for money, I work on 'showoffability' for money!! :D :p

No worries you're not hi-jacking my thread... I think Meddler would be happy x2 'non S15' cars are covered in one thread... saves all this terrible non-S15 talk going on in this forum lol :wave:

Cheers Mike - really can't wait to show her off once all the bits have been sorted!! :thumbs:

Chris - do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I only do it to upset you Lu! :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Another update as I took Friday off work and have been busy since!!

12V demister units finally fitted...

Couple of mates came along to help me progress on some wiring/soldering...

Set to work on some custom carbon fibre centre console switch panel fabrication... love working with the stuff :)

Demister units fully wired up (direct power supply from relocated battery)... they work!! :D

S

S15 SILVIA

Good work James. Bout time :p
Whats the crack with the demisters? How do they work? Fan and heater element?
Where did you buy them from.
Was wondering how to clear the windscreen in my mini project as I was removing the heater, but Ive found a heated windscreen, wondered if this was a cheaper method if it's any good.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Good work James. Bout time :p
Whats the crack with the demisters? How do they work? Fan and heater element?
Where did you buy them from.
Was wondering how to clear the windscreen in my mini project as I was removing the heater, but Ive found a heated windscreen, wondered if this was a cheaper method if it's any good.
Hey cheers Mike... yeah it's about time this moved along haha :D :p

These demisters are just like hairdryers lol... it's a simple motorised blower which has coils in front of it that heat up and hey presto hot air :) I purchased them from Car Builder Solutions:

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/Electric_Demist_Heater_DEMST

I'll be honest, now that I've wired them in and tested them, they're not as powerful as I had expected :( I think they're more designed for a small windscreen like on a Westfield or general kit car etc... I guess I'll be able to confirm more on this once I've taken the car out and it really needs a demist job :wack:

A mate of mine suggested also using Rain-X on the inside which I'll be trying out as well!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That's why I left the heater in my almera. I bought a plug in heater for my old Punto as it took about 20 miles to heat up on a cold day, and it was like being farted on by a fly. I'm sure yours are a fair bit better than mine was though.

Love the build though James. Keep the updates coming!! :D