LuPix's S14a 'The Speed Factory' Track Project :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks!! :)

NT03's come out at around £1,231 for 18x8... as you say there doesn't seem other width/offsets available but I can always give them a call. I might still wait around for used set as ideally I like to spend no more than around £600 since a set of new tyres (even RSR's being such a good price) will bump all of this up again :wack:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
More progress!! :D

Here's another view of the gauges...

Cable tied window switch :wack:

Got myself a nice HKS Hi-Power catback system off the SXOC For Sale section. Need to ensure my exhaust noise level measures under 100dB since this will be primarily a track car. The current catback that came with the car is 3" all the way through without a middle box and when I measured it using my iPhone app it seemed to be right on the 100dB limit. Not taking any chances!!

Had a tow hook I got for cheaps knocking around but it came without an extra bolt plate to go on the OEM tow hook. Therefore I decided to get my Dremel out again and cut the end off to make my own bolt plate. Took a while cutting through such a thick piece of steel but got there in the end :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Small update:

Pulled out the fuel pump just to double check it's a Walbro :)

Was re-adjusting coilover heights on all four corners and found this... arch loom being ate through by my tyre!!! grrrr :down:

So managed to re-insulate damaged wires and then tidied the whole lot up. Cable tied the loom higher this time round :wack:

Time to take a proper pic of the car...

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Did your walbro have the foam on it when you pulled it out? What was the condition of the foam. I put it on mine and was worried about it degrading

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Did your walbro have the foam on it when you pulled it out? What was the condition of the foam. I put it on mine and was worried about it degrading
Foam didn't seem to degrade at all (fits really tight) and the pump's been in there for at least a year since I bought the car...

Reaction score
Country
go the HKS Hi Power!!! great for flow & sound, along with giving everything thats more then hairs breadth off the ground a good scrape :) dont rip it off on rumble strips, by the way i get 96db according to the vehicle testing station, with same exhaust

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
go the HKS Hi Power!!! great for flow & sound, along with giving everything thats more then hairs breadth off the ground a good scrape :) dont rip it off on rumble strips, by the way i get 96db according to the vehicle testing station, with same exhaust
Cheers man :D

Good to know you've got it measure to 96dB... I'm sure mine will be around that mark too! I was surprise to see bore is 3.5" diameter... awesome!!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Did a bit more with the car today :)

As advised, I cut a small notch so I could move the whole loom above the lip inside the front arch. Managed to do this without removing the arch itself which saved time :)

Decided that I didn't like the shift light which came with the 5" tach stuck to the gauge itself. Needed it somewhere more central and would catch my eye when concentrating on the road!! So I cut the original wires and again, more soldering so I could extent it :wack:

I used to wonder if there was any advantage in being only 5' 6" tall... there is!! I can work inside a car with a rollcage plus bucket seats easy peasy :D

drifter

Reaction score
Country
LOL, that is a good effort. I was swearing badly about my Suzuka bucket seats as I kept getting stuck with my head under the dash :annoyed: :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol believe me it was even worse when I had to get my head under the steering column :wack:

Desperately need a steering wheel quick release hub kit... just waiting for Leon to get them back in stock at EP Racing :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well, managed to get myself to Curborough (small sprint track just outside of Lichfield) today :) Even though it was pretty damn wet and greasy, was good to get the 14a out for her shakedown before Japfest!! Many thanks to Sam for organising and inviting me to take part :thumbs:

Pics:

Hopefully one of the lads got some snaps of her when I was going around the circuit... will post them up here if I see any about. I also took some video footage both inside/outside of the car so watch this space hehe!! ;)

PS - I do have more decals to put on the car to make her 'complete' :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
How did it cope on track then?

Did you have fun Mr Lu :D
Yeah car did really well although we won't talk about the loose suspension bolts which made one of my wheels inner rim completely shag itself against the coilover lol?! :wack:

Was obviously very wet so yet to get some dry laps in but altogether steering is very direct, get a lot of feedback from the car so I'm happy... for now :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
*UPDATE* :)

Front tow hook fitted...

External pull cable for kill switch...

Got most of the decals on the car now. Only a couple left to sort out from official sponsors :)