LuPix's S14a 'The Speed Factory' Track Project :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Some final prep before Japfest as I'm travelling down tonight :D

D3000 to shoot some video footage when I'm out on track...

Switch panel stickered up...

BRING ON JAPFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Some piccies taken at Japfest yesterday :D

Had an awesome time and car performed really well :) Only issue was by my third and last session (which happened to be the one with SXOC), the mani/turbo gasket was blowing like anybody's business so I came off early as I was only getting around 0.6 bar of boost lol :wack:

This is the first time I've built a fully stripped out machine so it was so rewarding to see how much power to weight advantages I was getting over others cars out there on the day. Managed to get past an Evo and Skyline although the red supercharged EP3 and of course the Redbrick Racing Civics were beasts and difficult to keep up with!!

I've already put my Rota SVN-R's up for sale today as I've got myself a set of used AVS Model 5 rims which are narrower so I can put semi-slicks on them and get way more grip out on track the next time (which will be Japfest 2 at Donny in July) :thumbs: The Falken 452's are ok but I need to be pushing around corners much harder and reduce the understeer. Also 1.5 way diff will be good to have if I can source a used item!!

Reaction score
The car looked good out on track, mate. I got some videos of you but having trouble uploading them as they're big files, .

Reaction score
Country
Car looked good out on track James, I've got a few decent shots which I wil upload at some point!

Car was chucking out a decent amount of black smoke on overrun but as someone else said, may just need a decent map?

That red sc ep3 was a rocket! I think it would have been a decent match against the halfords civics..

After going to Japfest its made me think about getting into track days and setting my 15 up for the track :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers fellas :) Yeah Adam would be great if you can upload the vid at some point buddy!

Jay - you definitely have to try some track sessions. Very addictive and pure adrenaline fun :D As you say it's deffo overfuelling so on the over-run makes my car look like a dirty diesel lol... Here's a cracking vid I found of my battle with the stripped out Colt GTi running 888 semis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlXhdzgk8K4

I've already spoken to Gav and getting an ECU upgrade hopefully within couple weeks and the map will be setup properly for my car ;) Might as well throw on a new HKS actuator just in case the old one's getting tired!

Reaction score
Country
how does it feel compared to the S15? being stripped out and all, but still running slightly above stock power

Reaction score
Country
also have you had it on a dyno, just a power run to see what your actually making?

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
What engine mods are you running??
Only air filter and boost controller (combined with 3" exhaust from turbo to tip with decat of course) :)

Snetterton on 3rd June..?
Soz dude won't be able to make an open pit day so soon... as said on FB there's a few jobs I need to sort out and I still haven't sold my Rotas which means cash is somewhat short at the mo lol :wack:

I've got to pay for my new track rims to be painted in crazy colour, purchase upgrade ECU and pay for mapping session etc. So only Japfest 2 track sessions until end of the summer now methinks :(

how does it feel compared to the S15? being stripped out and all, but still running slightly above stock power
Feels really good!! I'd say stripped out easily feels just as quick as a non-stripped out stock S15 which we all know has around 50 bhp more to begin with. Can't wait to get the ECU and mapping sorted out so a) I should get even more power/torque and b) better fuel economy. 35 mins out on Combe track last week cost me the best part of £60 in fuel... does that sound bad??

Should have a dyno output graph soon to show everyone...

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Bought some paint in to get the AVS rims painted in more of a crazy track style colour...

My lad pointing out where the turbo gasket is going wrong lol...

AVS rims I found off DW for sale section arrived today! 18x8 +30 & 18x9 +40 (obviously keeping on the 25mm spacers) :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
that looks like dayglow orange paint to me. haha should see you coming with that colour :cool::wave::cool:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Man I can't wait to see those rims painted!!!!!!
Cheers dude... me neither!! Gonna drop them off with Daz tomorrow lunchtime :D

that looks like dayglow orange paint to me. haha should see you coming with that colour
haha Teejay that's the idea... think normal coloured wheels look lost on the car now with all the blingy decals :wack: this should help even things out :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Got a pair of Kuhmo Ecsta V70A (K90 hard compound) 245/40 R18 track tyres off eBay for cheaps hehe... plenty of tread left and will deffo help me push much harder on them corners reducing understeer.

Can't wait to test these out at Donny in July!! :D

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
nice :) let us know how they far, as after my last track day I'm wanting some new track/sticky tyres for mine... It never really comes out in the wet so might as well get something that will be good on track :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
nice :) let us know how they far, as after my last track day I'm wanting some new track/sticky tyres for mine... It never really comes out in the wet so might as well get something that will be good on track :)
Will do buddy :)

I was looking at getting Federal 595 RS-R's brand new but then thought why still pay a lot of money when I don't really use the car very much?! So had a good butchers on fleaBay and there were these as well as some Dunlop Direzza DZ03G's up for grabs... managed to win bid on these within budget and they've got plenty of life left in them especially being hard compound :thumbs:

Also, Bene confirmed that he had run these on his S15 before and really like them. Extra bonus is that they're road legal so I can use them going to/from track!!

any pics of the wheels painted yet dude, cars looking awsome
Cheers dude... wheels are still with Daz and should be ready by end of next week. I wasn't in a rush to have them back so he'll probs do them after the bank hols.

Will deffo get a pic up once they're done and on the car!!