What's new

Mitch's drift ride

M

mitch

Well, the 180 has moved on to pastures new, so I thought I'd need something to keep Team Driftgarage busy​

This is how I got it...

Wheels were a bit weak for my liking (17X7 ET35 and fitted pretty flush), so the
Advan Sienas were drafted in...a bit of archwork as required, methinks.

The headlights were looking a bit tired and I had a new set sat around, so fitted them...

Someone had fitted Dynamat to the boot and doors, so that'll be going soon...

We popped up to EP Racing to see Jeffrey and pick up Bruno's bumper, and they had this in stock, which was a nice surprise...

Just needed to lose the slightly gay mesh and swap it for the original. It's just sat in place at the minute, but seems to be a good fit. Cheers Jeffrey.

Watch this space for the manual conversion today. Big thanks to Driftworks Mark for sorting and delivering the gearbox and Phil Morrison for providing the flywheel and gearlever surroundy bit.​

Not sure whether to keep all the bits I remove for possible future ESVA parts or just sell them as they come off.​

P

PhilV

looks like it will come along nicely mate, like those wheels!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You can see in the 1st pic they look "Cloudy", sure this is what has been discussed elsewhere and some metal polish would have done the trick.

M

mitch

They needed a proper degunge and someone had drilled sidelights into them, one of which had fallen out and creatures had climbed in :D

Anyway, no point in selling a mint set and keeping the manky ones when I could swap the older ones for the Apexi exhaust plus cash...

Back on topic, the car is now manual, so all is getting rosier on the project front. Only problem is that the car seems dog slow after all the turbo'd ones I've had for the last few years.

Many thanks to Bruno and Paul for their help today:thumbs: :notworthy: .

M

mitch

Cheers mate. It'll look even better with your coilovers on :D

M

mitch

A few pics from yesterday's efforts...
Waiting for surgery

Mister Polo grafting

Clutch master cylinder holes and fitting. I'm glad we took the engine out :D

Pedals touching...

Until angle grinder attack...

Cleanest SR I've had...

Manualness...

M

mitch

Old nastiness

New loveliness

Next up, arches, coilovers and diff. :wave:

P

Paddy mack

engine bay flintstone style. i don't think it will caught on:rotfl:

M

mitch

I dunno, probably be faster with me pedalling the bloody thing.:D

And Sushiming-I don't like to have the car off the road for any length of time.

J

Jordan

Looking good mate, keep up the good work, and keep pics coming :D:D

M

mitch

Will do. Fitted the front coilovers yesterday. What a nightmare :D Took three hours to just do the fronts, when it normally takes much less to do all four.

Doing the rears later...

M

mitch

Just getting the hub mounting bolts to line up. Hard to explain, it was just one of those jobs. Oh well, it's done now. Backs go on later today, then tidy up the wide front wings (Cheers LK Drifter Martin:notworthy: :wave: ) and bumper so they can be painted tomorrow. Hopefully the 2 way diff will arrive tomorrow and can be fitted either then or Saturday along with the graphics if they arrive in time, then it's find tyres and go drifting on Sunday at Santa Pod:D

After that, I'll be getting a cage and a turbo engine for it, but they are jobs for next week.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Very nice work :thumbs:
Don't forget to take pics after the new front fenders are fitted :)

I like pics :wack: