What's new

My Other Car...

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Thought I'd post up a quick thread for my other beasty, code named Project Rufus.

Rufus is my '92 Toyota Celica ST185 RC, ie. the limited edition WRC homologation model with wide arch body, vented bonnet and chargecooler upgrade aswell as a few other nice touches. Soon after purchasing in the summer of '03 it became obvious the motor was bit of a lemon - must have been stored under the sea for some time - most of the underside was falling apart. I first noticed this when a large ploom of smoke billowed out while bimbling up the M3 one morning, proper F1 blowout stylee! Luckily the car didn't completely catch fire on the hardshoulder and we got it back to my mechanics to get sorted. Turned out one of the lines to the gearbox oil cooler split and pi**ed gearoil on the exhaust!

Thus the initial restoration began with new cooler and lines, new exhaust system, new brake and fuel lines, suspension bushes, springs and shocks, new hubs and so on. Needless to say the whole lot was thoroughly cleaned up and undersealed. After that marathon of waiting for parts for Japan, finally got back on the road and began the process up modding

Over the next 5 years I have got it pretty much where I want it, at no little cost and a lot of effort getting custom parts made up. Spec is as follows -

Engine/Drivetrain
* 2 Litre 3S-GTE 16 valve twin cam engine, standard bottom end
* Blitz SUS filter on straight intake enclosed in ali/carbon cold air box fed from front bumper
* GReddy TD06-20G turbo with Tial 38mm external wastegate into 3" lagged recirc downpipe running 1.2 bar
* Aussie Exhausts full 3" system joined to Megan Racing Carbon backbox with titanium tailpipe
* Sabre Heads modified head - ported, polished, port matched, 1mm oversized Ferrea exh. valves, Piper 264 degree high lift cams, HKS adjustable pullies, TTE 1.4mm headgasket and ARP head studs
* Polished and lagged chargecooler with uprated ali pre-rad, Pace ali engine rad
* Relocated oil filter incorparating Mocal oil cooler. Small Mocal cooler for PAS
* Motec M4 Pro ecu, Fensport mapped, Wolfkatz fuel rail, SARD 800cc injectors, Aeromotive adjustable FPR, Walbro in tank pump
* Custom carbon cooling and engine bay panels, blue Samco hoses, polished parts
* Running approx 330bhp and similar torque at present. Ultimate aim is a 2.2 forged stroker kit to make the most of all the other parts, including upping boost to 1.5/6 bar, should give a nice torquey motor and nigh on 400bhp

* 50/50 split 4WD with rear LSD. RPS stage one organic sprung clutch butting to Fidanza lightweight flywheel. Short throw shifter

Brakes/Suspension
* Hi-Spec front brake kit; 325x32mm grooved vented rotors, 4 pot gold billet calipers
* Braided hoses all round, DOT5 fluid
* Grooved rear disks matching front, calipers painted gold
* Eibach springs over KYB G-Max shocks, TRD topmounts, poly bushes
* J-Speed 3 point front strut brace, ST205 rear strut brace

Exterior
* Limited edition homologation RC widebody
* Full respray and Skewer livery in gemstone black and red
* Skewer custom made front corner splitters
* Neeltec custom made twin round pop up headlights
* Inovit ST VI 18" alloys with Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber, rears on H&R 25mm hubcentric spacers
* WRC style mudflaps, clear side repeaters

Interior
* Skewer custom white dials in Defi Link style with carbon dash surround
* Defi Link 52mm boost and oil pressure gauges in HS&R replacement a-pillar pod
* Full Rei-Trim cabin retrim in black nappa leather and deep purple alcantara with Cobra Daytona front seats on Bride rails
* Momo steering wheel, handbrake cover and brushed ali gearknob
* Autostyle overmats in black with purple piping and ali heel plates

Pics -

Due to the current state of things Rufus is quietly tucked up in the garage awaiting funds to get MOT'd, insured and taxed before coming out to play again. Not sure if it'll be this year to be honest, so I'll probably run the S15 this year and then swap them round next spring. Funny, I took this off the road to save some cash and am now just spending it all on the S15 :wack: