What's new

My remap S15AK - Steve FC Tuning results

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

Just want to post up my thanks for Steve (and bob), for mapping my car last week, was a long day for me 500+ miles with 9hr+ of driving, but well worth it.

Very please with the results as we hit over 360bhp :D Steve turned it down a little just to keep it nice and safe, to to be fair I don't want to be going any bigger, as I will have to start upgrading gearboxes and clutches.

In the end we had 358bhp with 344ft of torque, and with just over 300bhp at the wheels. The turbo is good for a lot more but Steve told me the back housing on the turbo is too small and can't shift the excess gases so that's holding it back. My 555 injectors were at 90% as well.

See graphs below. I'm sure Steve will pop on and add his input :) cheers again pal, top man :thumbs:

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Engine

Top mount/T3 Turbo with T70 compressor

Top mount Japspeed Mainfold
SS custom exhaust
Splitfire coilpacks
Nismo 555 injectors
Greddy Profec B Spec II
Apexi ECU
Apexi Power FC
Apexi Induction kit
Z32 AFM
FMIC
HKS BOV
DB-Power Radiator
Walbro Fuel pump

that's from my spec thread, so will add the graph's to that as well when I get a minute :) but thought I'd make this thread to thank Steve :)

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Awesome result dude!

What are the options for gearboxes? since i already have a cusco twin plate which can take alot of poneys and im wantind very high 300's / low 400's.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I the options I have looked at are the OSGiken and the RB conversion.. but both well over 1k though..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
thanks ray :) its dam quick now. I have only been running it on the wastgate since I've had it, and we did a power run just using that, so no boost controller and it made 280bhp, so going from that to 358bhp is a big difference :)

Edit - For the roller road summer meet, we had to bleed the system off to run 1.1bar (wastegate is 0.8bar) so that's why it made 320bhp, as my boost controller has never worked (got a new one now). I went back to running 0.8bar after the rolling road.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
Good to put names to face with yet another nice S15 and it's owner

Hope your enjoying the power n torque. Just a shame the exhaust housing is so restricted :(

the eBay T3 exhaust wheel design is most likely inefficient but then to be honest you have to expect this in some cases as the cost reflects this vs something like a Garret, Precision, Borg Warner or Turbonetics turbocharger!

But Still.... It's good fun for the money and the external wastegate seems to hold boost exceptionally well (good tough spring)

Enjoy!!

Steve

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Its actually a XS power super T70 turbo, but you can probably get them from ebay.. not sure where it was sourced, as it was on the car when I got it like Steve says..

Its been on the car over 2 years now and to be fair its spot on.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
The turbo is a beast, I love it. Lag is there yeah, but if you drive it in the power band its fine. Only get lag if you are crawling off and then you want to boot it, then yeah it takes a while to kick in, but I kind of like that anticipation of what's coming... POWER!!! lol. Good for drifting as well, as the power kick will get the back end sliding..

Overall I don't think the lag is that bad..

I've heard with XS power turbos, if you get a good one they are fine, but they seem to be hit or miss if you get a good one...

I'm having trouble with gaskets blowing around the wastegate, and turbo to manifold, so been trying different gaskets but think I've sorted this time (hopefully).

Reaction score
It won't be the gaskets, it'll be the manifold faces. Those cheap manifolds bow on the flanges when they're welded onto the runner sections because it's such low quality thin steel and I can only guess whoever makes them is too lazy to make them straight again after. The only way you'll get a good seal is by flattening the faces.

Reaction score
I had a Cheap T3/T4 from the states on my civic, bought a whole kit for £350 inc. intercooler, pipes blowoff etc. and never had a issue with the turbo!! shame about the engine not taking it though haha

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Nice results, amazing what a different turbo can do :nod:

Have you got a metal head gasket to run at 1.4 bar?

Great to see a inlet pressure graph that holds its boost :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I haven't had the head off (yet) so I guess its still the standard head gasket.

I'm running an external wastegate so they hold the boost spot on (Steve likes them :))

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Are you running an external gate to screamer or does it run back to exhaust? Love it!! :D

I keep thinking about that Mazworx top mount turbo kit with Tial external gate but yours is doing a fab job for the money you paid fairplay :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
When I first bought the car it has 2 external wastegates with 2 screamer pipes! so it sounded like a monster truck on full chat lol... It was too much for me plus the manifold was crap, so replaced it all and went back to a single wastegate and ran the pipe back into the system :)

Yeah the Mazworx's stuff look top quality. Might look at getting one of the manifolds to replace the Japspeed one I have, but it will have to go on the "list".. next on the list is some new coilovers, want to get the stance a little better.