What's new

My s15 work in progress still

Reaction score
here's some pics. Pics look rubbiosh though car looks wide in RL

Your thoughts? have a carbon bonnet and locking aerso catches to fit also. Rear boot lid needs to be address and rims need to be cleaned :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
wahey - that looks the b***ocks mate :) be careful with it now wont you lol

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate - you can get that panel fitted now :D

If you fit that carbon bonnet I think it would look better painted, especially if it has a few imperfections.

S

S15 SILVIA

Looks mint! Like her lots.
Looks like the bonnet needs a little lifting on the rubbers, but if your going to be changing it, no need. What's wrong with the boot, looks fine in the pics.
Hope ya don't get too many battle scars on it.

Reaction score
Country
Question about the fitment of this kit. Did you feel that it was rather crappy or it didn't take too long to make it work? I've got the DMAX spec 3 kit on my short list, but I've been hearing mixed information about DMAX kits...

Reaction score
wahey - that looks the b***ocks mate :) be careful with it now wont you lol
thanks mate, i feel like it's too nice to skid now lol

Looking good mate - you can get that panel fitted now :D

If you fit that carbon bonnet I think it would look better painted, especially if it has a few imperfections.
Yea i know what you mean. The amount of **** i am getting of the misses, my parent, my bro, everyone is telling me to leav e the standard bonnet on there and not fit the carbon one lol

Looks mint! Like her lots.
Looks like the bonnet needs a little lifting on the rubbers, but if your going to be changing it, no need. What's wrong with the boot, looks fine in the pics.
Hope ya don't get too many battle scars on it.
Thanks mate, it's hard to see in the pics but the drivers side of the boot is too high, There doesn't seem to be anything i can do to drop the boot more, i've tried verythuing even messed around with teh boot catch :(. Yea i did notice the bonnet when i had it and thought it needed to be raised slightly but i'm having second thoughts :) oh and i have a spare genuine Uras kit around the back of my house in WHITE lol

S

sideways.taff

There doesn't seem to be anything i can do to drop the boot more
You can drop it by screwing in the rubber stops a bit more, I tried it but I'd bust my ribs up the day before so doing anything more than turning a screwdriver was just pure agony. Give it a twist, maybe fill the grooves in the rubber stop with some WD40 or oil to make it turn a bit easier too.. It should wind in further than I had it.

Reaction score
Looks top pal :) I'd like the look of a carbon fibre bonnet...
You can drop it by screwing in the rubber stops a bit more, I tried it but I'd bust my ribs up the day before so doing anything more than turning a screwdriver was just pure agony. Give it a twist, maybe fill the grooves in the rubber stop with some WD40 or oil to make it turn a bit easier too.. It should wind in further than I had it.
i have wound it in and it now doesn't touch the boot lol

Looks top pal :) I'd like the look of a carbon fibre bonnet...
Haven't had a chance to fit the damn thing yet! :( thanks tho dude

looks ace dude :)
cheers mate

Last edited:
S

sideways.taff

Hmm strange one then, might be worth refitting the second boot hinge spring then and seeing if that levels it up maybe? The drivers side used to sit lower than the passenger but I put the stops in and it was the other way around.. I'm sure it can be sorted with some fettling.

Reaction score
list of things left are:

-2.25ltr Fire extinguisher plumbed in kit with two nozzles
-battery cut off switch for the cabin and the splash panel
-6 point cage to bdc regs
-snell helmet
-fia overalls, gloves and boots

Then i'm not spending any more money for a while lol........hopefully!

Reaction score
Hmm strange one then, might be worth refitting the second boot hinge spring then and seeing if that levels it up maybe? The drivers side used to sit lower than the passenger but I put the stops in and it was the other way around.. I'm sure it can be sorted with some fettling.
Oh yes regarding that, the boot doesn't open because you removed the seond spring. When you had the car the spoiler wasn't on there and like you said it was flying open. Now that the spoiler has been refitted it's now too heavy for one spring. How the hell did you remove the spring. I tried to refit it and i can't compress it to get it on lol

S

sideways.taff

haha! It took a bit of pushing and a lot of 'I hope this doesn't spring back in my face and take my eye out' hopes. I cant remember off the top of my head how it goes back in but I'm sure I'd figure it out if I saw it again lol.

Reaction score
looks real nice mate, but id defo paint the carbon bonnet and have the vents left carbon, that way you get the weight saving and the look without the mix match style!

Reaction score
Question about the fitment of this kit. Did you feel that it was rather crappy or it didn't take too long to make it work? I've got the DMAX spec 3 kit on my short list, but I've been hearing mixed information about DMAX kits...
Bryn fitted the kit to the car but not fibregalssing, filling was required, few places here and there needed to be trimmed down with a dremmel or grinder but generally that's about it. The same as my first dmax kit i bought from epracing also. The fitment is pretty good tbh. Well worth it considering the cost of the kits :)

Ya missed my question about the fitment of this kit :(
Sorry mate didn't see it.