What's new

next part for my s15

B

baynz

i wonder fi you guys could help me, i have an apexi filter, de-cat, cat abck exhaust on the car at the moment and next i was looking to get an uprated fuel pump, turbo elbow and downpie. and was just wondering if you guys think this is ok, or should i do some other mods b4 doing the elbow and downpipe. also wa fuel pump do u guys recommend?

Thanks all.

Reaction score
As for turbo elbow and downpipe, that's a good idea. I couldn't believe how restrictive the oem one is until i took mine off.

If you are doing those, you will be taking the turbo off, so i would recommend braided coolant and oil lines while you are doing it (my hard pipes split).

As for fuel pumps, you cannot go far wrong with a walbro 255ltr/h pump. Will give you plenty of head room.

After that. i'd look at your brakes before upping the boost with a manual/electronic controller.

There, i've spent loadsa your money for you. :)

Reaction score
if your gonna take the tubby off might aswel do it right and add a aftermarket high flow mani too.
Agreed. But, do not get the Apex type 2, as it doesn't fit. If you want a very good mani, give Owen Developments a call. They have Tomei make theirs for them and it's stunning. I've seen this in the flesh and it's amzingly well made :)

Oh get a turbo jacket as well. Amazing what it does for under-bonnet temps and keeping the heat in the turbo.

B

baynz

ok cheers guys, well atm i only have the money for the elbow, downpipe and turbo elbow, so ill do them for now then i will look at the rest when i have more funds.

cheers guys much appreciated.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep, although fiddly, you can fit the elbow and front pipe without taking the turbo off. :)

To be brutally honest, the stock mani is fine till you start getting past 330bhp. Most of the cheaper tubular manis are very close to the S15 ABS and it needs shielding.

G

gunner93

True. Stock heat shield does a good job there... I am using Tomei Expreme elbow wrapped with thermo textile. T28 spools better...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've still got the stock mani, with no plans to change it :no:

As nicely said, elbow and front pipe can be changed without removing the turbo :nod:. Something i wish i had done, is wrap the front pipe, it makes the cabin floor hot :D

B

baynz

thats a good point think ill wrap the elbow and down pipe to stop the heat.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
She likes it, keeps her side warm while i've got the window down trying to keep cool (dont use AirCon, uses Fuel :))

B

baynz

im the same i never have the air con on. why when u can roll down the window for free haha

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's all well and good until its a hot day, then all putting the window down does is blow the hot air all round you! Plus AC is 900% better at clearing a misted screen (which I seem to get all the time).

And that fuel thing is a myth. The amount of drag created by putting your window down would also increase fuel consumption. And the AC automatically pauses on WOT, so there's no loss in power.