What's new

oil leak...

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys ive got a leak but duno where its coming from its turbo side of the engine what can leak from that side is it more likely to be the turbo oil inlet pipe...??
need this sorted soon :(

M

mitch

High or low on the side of the engine? It could be the rocker cover, turbo oil feed, turbo oil return, sump or a breather pipe leaking...

If it's nearer the front, it could be the timing cover, as they do leak on a lot of SR engines.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i got now idea cant see where its coming from ive jacked it up to have a look but can see where its coming from now cuz its gone all around the bottom now...its not the rocket cover i know, its deff like near the turbo area i think

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
when fitting them they said it wouldnt fit so we left it so if it is that gonna be pretty pee off it go to garage tom and hopefully they can sort it out asap hate having things leaking on the car got oil all over the bottom of the car now....:rant:

M

mitch

How much does a garage charge to do the oil lines, as it's turbo and manifold off if it's the same as the 13 and 14...?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: You have to get the turbo off to fit the inlet oil feed.

Don't understand why it wouldn't fit if it was one of Apex's. Mine was fine.

M

mitch

Thought it'd be the same. Do most people here do their own work or take the car to a garage?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Quite a few do their own work. Stuff like gearboxes and clutches I leave to garages. Ming gets garages to do everything because he's a girl :p Kimi gets garages to do everything because she has contacts and...well...because she's a girl too... :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i ont have all the tools and space to do it and iam not very mechincal thats why...i dont wanna fook it up and then think crap what do i do now

M

mitch

i ont have all the tools and space to do it and iam not very mechincal thats why...i dont wanna fook it up and then think crap what do i do now
That's fair enough. People are talented in different areas. I'd happily build a drift car from a bare shell, but give me a website to design and I wouldn't know where to start.

Nicely-clutches aren't all that bad to do. Have you ever thought of doing one yourself? The main problem is getting the car high enough in the air to manoeuvre the box out (and more importantly back in:D)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Considering the problems the place I got to do mine at the beginning of the year had (and, yes, they know what they're doing), I'm more than happy I only paid about ?350 for them to fit a new gearbox, clutch, flywheel, pivot, big slave cylinder, braided clutch line and bleed it. The biggest issue was bleeding. It wasn't until they'd removed the box again and checked thicknesses that they realised the difference in clutch plate thickness meant that the fork had to travel further to engage the clutch and that the Nismo slave cylinder's piston didn't reach far enough. They had to extend the piston. Quite bizzare considering it was a Nismo clutch and fly...

I discovered last weekend that the farm estate my cottage is on has a pit, and the landlord offered it to me to use... :D

Anyway, back on topic :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yup confirm it is the oil feed pipe its in the work shop and should be fixed soon once they have time more money gone down the drain:(

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
but he know its cuz before he didnt fit it but ive said cheaper oki lol :D
as my mate always says to that garage as its his local on yellow mans price lol:p

Reaction score
Nicely, i just tried to fit my Apex braided oil feed pipe and it won't fit :( The bolt they supply is too long (it hits inside the turbo before it's tight enough). A can't use the original bolt as the new banjo has a different bore and thickness.

What the hell do i do now? Any advice?

Last edited: